Chapter Four - The Woods

Hello, wonderful people! Just a BIG thank you to those who voted on and read the chapters leading up to this! You just freaking rock, and that is all. 

Also, the chapter picture is Samantha. Samuel will be coming next chapter :)

A little warning - there is explicit language in this chapter. It's not much, but it's there. 

Ok, I hope you enjoy!!

***

Despite my constant slur of protests and curse words, Samuel continued walking through the forest, away from my house. I was still slung over his shoulder, and my fists were getting sore from constantly clubbing his back. However, he acted as if I was more of a small puppy than a full-sized human being. He had no problem carrying my flailing body over tree stumps, leaves, and ditches. 

With each step he took, I grew more desperate. I didn't know if I would see my home again. I didn't know if I would see my mother or brother again. And most importantly, I didn't know what James would do to them when he realized I was gone. 

I could tell Samuel was becoming more and more frustrated. His grip was unbearably tight, and his shoulders were tense. His breathing was heavy, but I guessed it wasn't from the exertion of carrying me. 

After a particularly hard blow to his neck, he suddenly released his hold on me. I fell from atop his shoulder, twisting in the air. My hands reached out to ease the fall, but they did no good. A sickening crack sounded as I made an impact with the dirt. I cried out in pain, my body collapsing on top of my wrist. 

"Are you alright?" Samuel asked me awkwardly. He was still standing where he'd dropped me. 

I glared at him while standing up. "No. I'm not."

 "Look, I'm sorry." He started. I wasn't surprised to hear him practically growling at me. "I just couldn't stand the thought of leaving you there. I don't want you to get hurt. If you weren't being so difficult I wouldn't have dropped you."  

Vicious retorts sounded through my mind, but I held them back. I couldn't exactly tell a werewolf they were a dense, careless, sadistic, controlling, moron. 

"I don't want to fight with you, but I can't take you home if you're acting like a child."

My ears perked up, ignoring his insult. "Home?"

"My home." I froze. The fire inside my bones suddenly turned to fear. He noticed my new expression, but it only enraged him more. 

"Why the hell are you so terrified of coming with me?" He roared, his voice sending sleeping birds flying through the trees.

"Are you serious?" I started, my voice rising to match his. "You just practically kidnapped me and you're wondering why I don't want to go home with you? You're incredible!" I threw my hands in the air, wincing slightly when the movement hit my wrist. 

"I'm just trying to protect you!" 

"Thanks, but I've managed just fine on my own."

"Obviously you haven't. It doesn't seem like your life is exactly a paradise."

"No, it's not," I paused, my anger finally getting the better of me. "But, at least at my house, I don't have to deal with a dense, careless, sadistic, controlling, pack of moronic werewolves!"

So much for not voicing that thought.  

Samuel was suddenly silent. Not only was he silent, but he was still. If he wasn't standing and breathing erratically, I would have thought him dead. His head lowered, but from my height, I was still able to see his expression. His eyes were no longer dark. Now, they resembled a ruby. Bright, red, and dangerous. I lowered my gaze slightly, though still fuming. I had enough common sense to know not to mess with a werewolf when their eyes changed. James' eyes had done that on one occasion, and it was a disaster. However, his yellow slits were put to shame by Samuel's burning orbs.