Chapter Seven - Today

Ok. GUYS. A lot has happened since the last chapter. 

#1 - We've hit the top 1,000 in the Werewolf category. #625 to be exact. (Let me tell you - when I saw that I about fell out of my chair. I may have screamed as well. Who really knows?)

#2 - We've passed 2,000 reads. 

#3 - We've passed 100 votes. 

I don't know about y'all but I feel like those are serious milestones that need to be mentioned because I'm so freaking EXCITED!!!!! 

Here's a SHOUT OUT to everyone who has commented and voted. You guys are amazing! I am going to try and reply to comments all the comments. Just know I read every single one :) Please keep it up!!

Sorry, it's been a little while since I've posted a new chapter. Had more than a lot going on this week/weekend and I was more than a lot stressed. BUT it's finally here! Aaaaand the coming chapters have some awesome stuff. It's about to get real, folks. 

Also, the picture is Beth, Samantha's mother. 

I hope you all enjoy!

Mquistey 

***

Almost a week had passed, and Samuel still hadn't left my side.

We'd fallen into a routine, and it wasn't one I cared for. I'd wake up in the morning and he would be there, already dressed for the day. I'd get ready, and he'd walk me to work. When I got off, he'd walk me to the store. Even though I begged, he wouldn't let me go anywhere else. When the day was over, he'd return home with me and sleep on my floor as a wolf.

It was highly monotonous. 

The first few days my emotions were mixed with anger, fear, and annoyance. But when I realized he wasn't leaving or hurting me, I forced myself to get used to it. I hardly noticed him anymore. He still tried to speak to me, tried to learn about my life, but I wouldn't divulge the information. He didn't deserve it.

The more I thought about it, the more I knew I couldn't handle this routine much longer. It would drive me insane. I never was one for routine in the first place. Plus, I knew that Samuel would soon want more. More than walking me places. More than sleeping on a blanket. More than being tolerated and ignored. I also knew that when that happened, I didn't have a chance. Wolves took what they wanted without repercussion. 

But, I had today.

Today was the day I was getting out of here. I'd been thinking and rethinking my new plan since I met Samuel, and I finally had it figured out. It was foolproof. 

"Are you ready, Samantha?" Samuel's voice suddenly met my ears. It was quiet, almost less than a whisper.

I was in the bathroom, finishing getting ready for the day. Though I didn't like the idea of having Samuel in my room, I couldn't complain too much. He'd kept his end of the bargain, so I had to keep mine. In order for me to let Samuel stick to my side like a lost puppy, he had to keep quiet and out of sight. I didn't want anyone knowing about him. I knew that if James found out there was another werewolf in our lives, my brother wouldn't be the only one living in a hospital. 

"Just about." I breathed in the direction of the door.

He was quiet, waiting patiently for me. I stared at myself in the mirror for a moment longer, preparing for the day ahead. I couldn't afford to make any mistakes. 

When I left the bathroom, I didn't bother glancing at Samuel. I walked straight to my closet and pulled out the large sack of supplies, slipping my usual backpack inside. It was difficult to drag out of the closet, especially with my good hand still in a sling, so I wasn't surprised when Samuel came and took it from my grasp.