Chapter Six - The Bedroom

Hello, people! Ok, so there is a pretty long chapter ahead. I hope you enjoy!

Also, I can't believe how many people are starting to read this. I was browsing Wattpad's 'Up and Coming' stories today and saw mine on there and just had a HUGE freak out. It was a happy moment.

The picture for the chapter is the one and only James. Don't we just love him?

Don't forget to comment and vote if you like this!

-mquistey

***

The walk back to my house was quick. We hadn't gotten as far as I thought, and I was fuming. But, I was mostly angry at myself. If I would have just sucked up the cold and dark night, maybe I would have made it home on my own. Then, I wouldn't have to deal with what was sure to come.

We were both standing at the edge of the woods, staring back at my house. Samuel was waiting for me to make the first move. But, I couldn't. The only thing I could think about was what was going to happen when I crawled back in through my window.

Samuel was growing impatient, but he was trying not to let it show. He wasn't pacing, but he raised and lowered his paws countless times whilst flicking his tail.

"I'm going to need you to hang back for just a minute." I half glanced at Samuel, rushing to finish my sentence when he froze. "Just until I can get back inside. Then, you're welcome to stay all night. Promise." I knew there was no getting rid of him.

When Samuel still didn't move, I tried another tactic. "You know, it might be better - for me - if you weren't - if you didn't - well, I mean, if you could-" I gestured to his wolf body, hoping Samuel caught what I was trying to say. When he looked at me with confused eyes, I didn't spare kind words. I was growing impatient, too.

"James won't be as pissed or threatened if he doesn't see another werewolf trying to sneak into his house. We don't want James mad, because if he is then he will take it out on my mom. He's not stupid enough to do anything to me if he sees you, so he'll do the next best thing. Please, if you want to make this easier just please go back to being human." I finished my desperate ramblings, out of breath. I prayed that Samuel would listen to me. If he didn't, I was sure there would be an equivalent of a blood bath in my bedroom.

Samuel suddenly stood up and moved back into the trees. I stood still, listening for the signs of what he was doing. Silent minutes passed by and just as I was about to give up on him, Samuel's voice met my ears.

"I need clothes."

I stammered something unintelligible as I searched for something to hand him. I scanned my body trying to decide if I could spare an article of clothing. However, I was only in a t-shirt and shorts.

"I don't exactly have anything," I stuttered.

I heard him sigh heavily. "Look, I'm trying here. Really trying to let you play this out. But, this is a bad idea. I don't even know why I'm listening to you, to be honest."

I ignored him. "Where are your clothes from before?"

"Torn. Gone. I wasn't exactly planning on turning tonight so I didn't bring any extra with me." I noticed his voice was growing tired.

I eyed my house again, debating my options. "I can go and get you something from my house?"

He didn't dismiss my suggestion but huffed in annoyance. "Like I said, this is a bad idea. If either of us were smart, we'd be halfway to my house by now."

I scowled slightly, noting he couldn't see my expression. "I'm going to get you clothes from my room." I started to walk forward, but I heard frantic shuffling behind me. I didn't dare turn around when he spoke, noticing his voice was closer than before. I wasn't in the mood to face a naked man.