Chapter 5- A Case

Chapter 5- A Case

________Ayana's Pov______

I got up to my iPhone 5c buzzing.

"Hello?" I asked sleepily.

"Ayana, we have a case for you." Captain Harris said on the phone .

" Sorry sir, I'm on vacation." I said smirking to myself.

" I wasn't asking for your permission. Get your behind here by five p.m!" he shouted.

"Sir, I'm in Canada." I said , my patience decreasing.

" I'll have a plane at the airport for you in the next hour." he said.

"Yes sir." I said and hung up the phone.

I got out of bed and quickly packed a couple of my things .

I was a detective at the South Carolina Police Department.

I started working there at age 18. It had always been my dream job. A year later, I met Henry.

Henry had just gone to shower. I wrote a note to him saying that I needed to go to the airport. He understood my job and would not have a problem with me being gone.

I closed the door and ran down the stairs. I called the chauffeur and asked him to take me to the airport.

I was now on the plane, heading to South Carolina.

---2 hours later---

I was wearing a plain white shirt which was buttoned and 2 sizes bigger than me. Some of it was tucked into my skinny jeans. I wore brown boots to complete the look. My hair was up in a messy donut and I wore brown shades.

I walked into the police department as if I owned the place. I got some whistles as I walked by . I looked good.

" You're late!" Captain Harris shouted .

" Just cut to the chase." I said annoyed.

" Sit down." he said .

I smiled and put my feet up on his desk.

He watched me screw faced while I smiled at him.

The other people on the team were Sarah,Trevor and Edward.

Sarah was in her late twenties. She was tall and slim. She always has a smile on.

Trevor is a well built guy. He is quite muscular and handsome if I may say so. He has a crush on Sarah who is oblivious to it.

Edward is 32 and our computer hacker. He's a nice person to work with.

Captain Harris is a pain in the behind. He is so annoying.

" Why don't you shut-up." Harris shouted out me.

I smirked. I must've said this too loud.

" Over ten years ago...."Harris was cut off by me.

" Harris, we all know you have not had a date in over ten years. Deal with it." I said .

My partners were stifling their laughs.

" Ayana, you have given me the most trouble since you started working here three years ago. You're a great worker, but honestly...." I cut him off again.

" Just get in with it." I said not interested in what Papa Harris had to say.

" As I was saying, over ten years ago, Kyra Edwards, 17 at the time was kidnapped along with her best friend, Lisa Simpson. Lisa was found almost a year later. She had been beaten up badly and thrown in a ditch. She got amnesia and was never able to receive her memory. "Captain Harris said.

I took down notes as usual then he continued.

" A few months later, Kyra was involved in a car wreck. She was brought to a hospital. A young woman, Nadia Lewis was kidnapped in Boston about the same week Kyra went missing. She resembled Kyra a lot . That week, the kidnapper stroke again. He kidnapped Kyra and put Nadia there, to trick people into thinking that Kyra was still there . When Kyra was nineteen, she died in a tragic accident three blocks away from her parents home . Your job is to develop more clues. Investigate. Be careful. The victims do not need to know that you're investigating that case . We still have the car which her body was found in. The team which investigated this case years ago did not do a good job at all." He said and began walking out of the room.

" So we're supposed to investigate a case of over ten years?" Sarah asked annoyed.

" Yes. And Ayana, you're in-charge .