Chapter 22- Confusion

____Sarah's Pov______

I slowly opened my eyes. Everything felt like a blur. Where am I?

The bright lights caused me to shut my eyes tightly.

"Sarah? Sarah,open your eyes." a familiar voice asked.

I did as they told me and I awoke to Trevor's deep gaze at me.

His beautiful hazel eyes were dull and his eyes were open wide in anticipation.

"Dude,why do you look as if you haven't slept in ages?" I asked, my voice cracking at the end.

"Sarah, don't ever scare me like that again." Trevor said watching me with such love and care.

What am I saying? He's just my work partner.

"Whatever.What happened ? Last thing I remember was talking to a cute guy, he was about Ayana's age and everything went black. It was like something hit me." I said still trying to remember .

"Well, when you weren't looking, he hit you on the head with the back of the gun. The impact was strong and you fell instantly to the ground, knocked out. There were others who took your body and disposed of you in a near by dumpster ." Trevor informed me.

I processed the information then a scowl set up on my face.

"Am I so worthless that I had to be dumped! Seriously? Where are the idiots who did this to me?" I asked pissed.

"Relax, they were dealt with accordingly by Ayana." he said but I could see it was not the full truth.

"Okay . How did Ayana deal with them?" I asked interested.

"Well, knowing Ayana, she was talking to them annoyed and she had guns to her head. She was about to beat them up when we came along. She was so pissed off we came to your rescue." he explained and I laughed.

Ayana was a young woman who was fierce and got annoyed whenever a gun was put in her face because she would kick it out of their grasp and beat them up. She never lets her guard down unlike me.

"How did you find us?" I asked .

"Look at the time. I should go. Get better love." he said .

"Love? Who are you calling love you idiot." I said smirking at him.

I saw him blush and nervousness fill his eyes.

"Umm, is that the appreciation you show to someone who saved your life." he asked regaining his composure.

He smirked at me and left the room hurriedly.

He left me more confused than I already was.What's his problem.

Not long after, the doctor came in the room. He told me I was fine and free to go.

I got up from the bed and was about to leave when Ayana walked into the room.

"Hey." she said leaning against the wall with folded arms, observing me.

I answered her back.

She acted suspiciously. I was currently facing the opposite direction , she came at me with her fist .

I stumbled back, barely missing her fist.

She stood up and eyed me.

"Sarah, you need to act promptly.If I was in your situation I would have tripped my attacker with my foot. You need to be more alert." she said.

I think she is too attentive sometimes.

I got my belongings and walked with Ayana her car.

"The guys have been spying on us. You need to be aware of these things." she said out of the blue.

"Why... what do you mean?" I asked.

"Trevor asked Edward to put a tracking device in our phones for your protection. Trevor likes you a lot. He wants you to love him to." she stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

What? Now I'm confused . There's just too much going on right now.

"Oh, and one more thing. Captain Harris sent us on a short vacation . So we're off all cases for now." Ayana informed me as she drove off.