Chapter 23- What is a family?

_____Ayana's Pov_______

What is a family?

A group of people who are related whether it be through adoption, blood relations, etc.

Well, my family may not be perfect, but it is what it is. It is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. They stand by my side no matter what and I am happy to have such a wonderful fiancé .

After being away for so long, I contacted Henry to inform him that I was coming home. He, however had other plans. When I got to the airport in South Carolina, someone tapped me on my shoulder . I turned around to be faced with the most handsome guy on earth in front of me.

Henry.

He hugged me, spinning me around. We shared a passionate kiss, one which was a little desperate due to our time spent away.

"Ayana, I've missed you so much. I need to seal my vows with you. Let's get married next weekend in a garden. Invite your friends and I'll invite mine. We're a perfect family. We already have two kids, although they are not our own but we chose them to be our own. We'll live a wonderful life and in time to come we'll produce offsprings of our own."Henry said looking at me with such love.

"Honey, you know I'll marry you." I said being as sweet as can be.

"Very well." he said and hooked his hand into mine.

We then boarded his private jet to go to Los Angeles.

We talked about the things we could accomplish as a family and other important stuff.

______Elena's Pov_______

Ariel has been the best friend anyone could ask for. I love her so much . She's like family to me. Her uncle took me in when I needed somewhere to stay. That's a true friend.That's how you add members to your family. They may not be related to you but they are people who care for you and don't treat you any different from them no matter what your social hierarchy is in life.

As I sat in the living room with Ms.Mayers, the maid, Ariel came to me and looked happy as ever.

"Elena, Aunty Ayana is coming home. Let's make cookies for her." she said excitedly.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun!" I exclaimed happily.

Aunty Ayana seemed like a cool person.

"Ms.Mayers , can you help us?" Ariel asked putting her big puppy eyes on .

"Sure girls." she said and we went into the kitchen.

******3 hours later*********

Ariel and I had finished baking over an hour ago. Ms.Mayers was still in the kitchen making a welcome back cake for Aunty Ayana.

Ariel was busy playing on her iPad while I was in my room writing an email to my grandmother. I had not seen her in years and missed her a lot.

I also missed my little brother.

A few minutes later, Ariel ran into my room sounding ecstatic.

"They're here!They're here! Let's go meet them. Come on Elena." Ariel shouted dragging me out of the room.

As I got downstairs, Ms. Mayers put the cookies on the center table for Auntu Ayana.

A few minutes later, the front door opened.

"Aunty Ayana!" Ariel shouted as she embraced Aunty Ayana with a huge hug.

"Hi Ariel, how are you?" she asked happily.

"I'm fine.I missed you a lot." Ariel said smiling triumphantly as if she had won a trophy.

"I missed you to sweetheart ." Aunty Ayana said.

Her attention then went to me.

"Well Elena, aren't you going to hug me." she said smiling at me, pretending to feel hurt.

I smiled broadly at her and gave her a hug.

"Welcome back Aunty Ayana." I said smiling.

"Yay! Now I have a new playmate because Ariel here is no fun." Aunty Ayana joked with me.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Ariel asked, pretending to be offended.

We all laughed and Ariel brought the cookies for Aunty Ayana.

She gave us a big hug and told us that these were the best cookies she had ever eaten .

Uncle Henry soon came in the door, struggling with the bags. We all laughed at him.

Ms.Mayers soon told us all to come into the dining room.

A beautiful, chocolate cake, layered with fine chocolate chunks was on the table.

Ms.Mayers had put icing on it. Ms.Mayers had a degree in food and nutrition and could bake excellent cakes and pastries .

"Welcome home Ayana." Uncle Henry told her.

"Thank you."she said smiling,"And Elena, welcome to the family."she said smiling.

She was right. This was my new family.