Chapter 15- Birthday Splash

_____Ariel's Pov______

It was finally my birthday and I was twelve. Both Aunty Ayana and my uncle dropped me to school.

I was wearing blue shorts, a white top which said ' Happy Birthday' and blue flip-flops.

When I entered my class I was attacked with hugs and kisses.

"Happy Birthday!" my friends shouted.

"Thanks guys! " I responded happily .

The rest of my day was awesome. Elena bought me a cupcake.

After school, it was like a ghost town. Everyone I knew left so I was all alone.

After an hour of waiting , I was really sad. Tears threatened to spill down my face. Of all days, it was on my birthday I was forgotten in the school.

As I was about to get up from the spot I had been on since school was dismissed, the horn of the car suddenly blowed. I was happy to see the slick car again.

I got in, feeling a bit better about myself.

When we got to the house, none of the recently hired maids were present. The house was in darkness and an eerie silence. As I walk further in, the light was suddenly switched on and I jumped.

I heard people shout 'Happy Birthday Ariel!'.

All of my classmates were here. I felt so happy.

Now I understood the reason for them leaving school immediately upon dismissal. I was glad as the atmosphere was filled with love and happiness.

Aunty Ayana soon brought me to my room where I changed into a blue bikini.

We soon came downstairs. As I took a look around, I realized there were blue decorations and balloons everywhere. I also noticed a cake for me. It was a chocolate cake so I was really happy.

When I got outside , everyone was in the pool.

As I looked around, I suddenly saw Dean coming towards me.

"Happy Birthday Ariel." he said handing me a gift.

"Thank you Dean." I said happily and blushing a little.

"Want to go and swim?" he asked excitedly.

"Sure." I said placing my gift with the others.

Dean and I raced to the pool and we then jumped in causing a huge splash.

"Hey. You got my hair wet." shouted Elena.

"Well, I was just having my birthday splash." I said putting my tongue out to her.