Chapter 10- Elena Payne, more like Elena Pain

_____Ariel's Pov___________

My first day of school. I'm so excited yet so nervous. I hope they'll like me. It was the month of September, which was the starting of the first term. I had missed one week since the reopening of school but I was very intelligent so it would not matter.

"Bye Ariel. Have a wonderful day at school. I love you. " Aunty Ayana said as I unbuckled my seatbelt from her car. She drove a Nissan . It was quite a beautiful car.

"Bye Aunty Ayana." I said giving her a kiss on her cheek.

I got out of her car and walked into the school.

As I walked, a girl around my age walked towards me. She wasn't white but I wasn't racist so I did not mind speaking to her.

"Hello! I'm Elena. You look new. I've never seen you before. Are you in the sixth grade?" she asked in one breath.

"Hi! I'm Ariel. I'm new here and I'm in the sixth grade." I said smiling.

"Cool.Do you know where the office is?" I asked shyly and she brought me to the office.

"I like your accent." I told her smiling. "Where are you from?"

"Thanks. I'm from the Caribbean." Elena said smiling.

"Wow. I always wanted to visit the islands. Which one are you from?" I asked curious.

" Saint Lucia." she said proud of her island.

"Is that close to Barbados where Rihanna is from?" I asked more curious.

"Yes it is." she said smiling.

Soon I had my schedule and walked to our first class.

We would be in the same class.

"Good morning class, we have a new student today. She'll tell you about herself." the teacher, Ms. Davis said.

"Ohh! She's my new best friend." Elena shouted from her seat.

The other students looked jealous because Elena said that .

" Hi! I'm Ariel Henderson and I'm a Canadian." I said shyly.

" You don't sound like a Canadian . You sound like an American." one of the boys said.

I simply smiled and went to my seat. This made me wonder where my mom was from .

The rest of my day was tiring. At lunch, all the students in my class wanted to know about it. It was quite fun hanging out with them. They reminded me of the servant's children in the castle. We would play for hours before their parents would take them to their quarters .

During class, Elena kept nagging in my ears.

"Do you ever keep your yap shut?" I asked annoyed.

"Meow!" she replied causing me to look at her as if she was crazy.

"Are you on crazy?" I asked laughing at her .

"Meow!" she said again.

I simply shook my head at her in amusement .

After the seventh meow I got frustrated with her.

When I ignored her completely, she decided to bite my arm.

" Oww! Did you just bite me?" I asked shocked.

"I am a cat called Elena Payne." she said.

She's truly an idiot.

" More like Elena Pain." I muttered under my breath.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" she asked poking me.

I simply shook my head and laughed .
I think we'll be best of friends.

___End of chapter__________

Please vote and comment.

Elena Payne is actually a friend of mine. It's not her real name in reality but the character is definitely her. She's a crazy child.