Chapter 11- Why did you leave?

______Ariel's Pov_________

Today was another beautiful day and I had to go to school. So far, I really liked it there. My teacher was really nice and the children in my class too. I waved good-bye to Uncle Henry and walked towards the school's gates.

Soon, I was in my class and put my bags down.

"Ariel, where did you live before you came here?" Dean asked.

" In Canada." I said smiling.

" What type of house?" he asked.

I realized he was very nosey .

" I didn't leave in a house." I heard them gasp. They were probably trying to figure out where I lived.

"You were a hobo?" asked one of the girls . I realized it was Elena and thumped her behind her head.

"No silly. I lived in a castle . It was really huge and isolated from everywhere ." I said smiling slightly.

"No way! Are you rich? I hate rich people. They're too stuck up." Sarah said.

" I may be rich but I'm not stuck up. I treat everyone like equals to me." I said smiling.

" Cool. So why did you leave? Didn't you have to wear long gowns?" Sarah asked .

" I wore gowns if they had a ball in the castle. I was tired of staying in the castle. I was home schooled and it was boring. So, my uncle took me to live with him in his mansion in Los Angeles." I said. It was not the complete truth. I loved the castle but I would have been killed if I stayed there.

After that, our teacher came into the class. We did some English followed my Mathematics.

At break, I hung out with Elena, Sarah and Dean. They were pretty cool.

"Elena, can I ask you something?" I said quietly .

"Sure." she responded.

"Why did you leave Saint Lucia? Didn't you like it there?" I asked her.

" You won't understand. Okay!" she said and walked out of the canteen angrily.

"What did you do?" Dean and Sarah asked me simultaneously.

" I asked her why she left Saint Lucia ." I responded.

" Never do that . She hates when people ask her that ." Sarah said sadly.

I nodded my head and then ran out of the canteen to look for Elena.

I was soon running around the halls looking for Elena.

"Elena!...Elena!" I shouted.

I walked into the library and saw a guy with a black hoodie. His face was buried in a book .

"Hi, have you seen a girl named Elena?" I asked quietly.

He never looked up.

"No. Now go away hobo." he said.

His voice sounded familiar and his voice sounded like a girl trying to put a male voice .As I observed the person, I realized the book he was reading was upside down.

"Elena, I know it's you." I said in a matter of fact voice.

She simply shrugged her shoulders .

"Why did you run off a while ago?" I asked her concerned.

"Just forget about it. I'm sorry I ran off but don't ask me why I left my country again." she said sounding depressed.

"Okay. So, are we friends?" I asked her.

"Ariel, in the short time I've known you, you are a good friend which I never want to lose. You're an even better hobo." she said smiling.

I laughed at her and we went to class because the bell had rung about ten minutes earlier.