Chapter 21-The boss

Chapter 21- The boss

_________Kevin's Pov_________

That girl is in for some trouble. I warned her but she wouldn't listen. The boss is one serious man. Anything he wants done happens in a blink of an eye. When I tell the boss that I failed this mission, I fear that he will kill me or my family.

I always obey the boss. He knew me from a baby and his men taught me how to fight. My mom is a maid at his castle. He always warns us to listen to him for if we do not we can face serious consequences. When I was seven, he killed my big sister because she tried to escape with his fiancé and his sister,Amara.

When I tell him I've failed my first mission, he may torture me till I die.

"Hey Kevin, why is your face so stern?" Westly asked me.

He had helped me escape the hospital after they were done operating on me.

"I messed up dude.I messed up." I said in distress .

"Mate, it wasn't that bad. The boss will understand. These were highly trained officers you had to deal with. You had a narrow escape."Westly said.

"Dude, they were girls." I said embarrassed .

Westly burst out laughing .

"Girls? You let girls beat you? Didn't you use your charms?" he asked.

"I did . The younger one ignored me. She looked my age. The other one stayed there blushing so I decided to act.I hit her behind her head with my gun and she passed out. The other one, when she heard the thud, turned behind.My gun was already pointed at her but she was not scared .She was annoyed."I said.

After I told him the entire story, Westly shook his head sympathetically.

My phone then started to ring.

It was Jack.He told me what had transpired at the station and that he had been waiting for half an hour outside the station for Ayden, but he was not out.

I told him I would pick him up and we would skype the boss at my hotel room since the boss is in Canada and we are currently in South Carolina in America.

******an hour later*******

"So boys,let me hear the news." the boss said smiling.

"Well sir, first of all, our main job was basically to tell them to drop the case." I said nervously.

"Yes. It was a simple exercise and once the message was given then that's all I need to hear.Have a good evening boys." he said and ended the Skype call.

"That went well." Westly said patting my shoulder .

"Yeah. I guess the boss was in a good mood today."I said relieved.

"Westly, since the police do not know of you could you find out if Ayden got out and if not bail him out." I instructed him.

He nodded his head and walked out the door.

I sat there, still in shock at the boss' response earlier.

______Ayana's Pov_______

" Close the door and have a seat." Corporal Harris instructed me.

I silently did so .

"Can you explain to me what happened today?" he asked upset.

"Sir, after Sarah and I were done interviewing Mrs.Edwards, we were going to have something to eat when a young man approached us." I then explained everything in detail for Corporal Harris.

"Ayana, you have to be more careful. " I rolled my eyes at this statement. I was very careful.

"Well, in fact, I guess you were not aware that the boy would attack. Sarah should have been extra careful. She is a detective and a trained officer as well. She must have been to busy flirting with the guy to realize he had a gun and knocked her out. " he said.

I simply nodded my head.

"Ayana, you are the youngest detective we've ever had. You have worked exceptionally well from time you joined us. You are always ready to fight no matter what. I know for a fact if the boys from your team did not come to your rescue that you would still be able to escape. " I smiled at him.

"Sir, honestly speaking, why are we investigating this case?It's over ten years."I said.

"This case has caused a lot of trouble. The first set of people who investigated it all died. We took that as just a sad mishap. But as other teams over the years investigated it, they either turned up missing or dead . We knew for a fact from then that the accident was no accident. He purposely killed the innocent girl.Based on the investigations over the years, you have come the closest to the clue as to why he killed her. She probably had a child for him.That child could now be between the ages of ten and fourteen." the corporal explained.

" I hope that child is okay and not living with man." I said sadly.

"We all hope so to." he said.

"Sir , we need to continue this investigation . We need to find Nadia where ever she is . I believe she is in Boston right now." I said.

"Ayana, you should take some time off this investigation, you guys need to stay undercover for a while. We don't want to lose such a great team . The only reason we are continuing this investigation is because we need justice. That person is still alive . The victim's family need to give us more information. We need to know more." he said.

I nodded my head in agreement then exited his office.

At least we get a break from this mysterious investigation and I can live my life.

It's been months since I've seen my fiancé and Ariel. I can't wait to meet them and also Elena.

I thought to myself as I walked out of the office, the boss finally gave me a vacation.

Isn't life great?