7. Disastrous

Annabeth

I watched the camper's expressions as Chiron told them what had happened to Artemis and her hunters. Many of the campers were shocked at how Percy had defeated an Olympian Goddess so easily, and how four of Percy's soldiers were able to take out the hunters.

"So what are we going to do now? Percy's out there, gathering more people for his army. I bet he's going to storm Olympus very soon." Piper said.

"Annabeth said that Percy would also attack Camp-Half-Blood first so that the demigods would be out of the way for when he attacks the Gods." Chiron mused. "And then we fear once he attacks Camp-Half-Blood, he'll attack Camp Jupiter next."

"We're not letting him destroy any of the camps." Hazel snapped, her eyes blazing with fury. "I'll go and deliver a message to Reyna about the possible attack that could come to her camp." She moved out from underneath Frank's arm and slipped out of the Big House.

"In order to prepare for Percy's possible attack, we're all going to have train." Chiron continued. "Yes, I know that you all have been training quite regularly, but you all will be training everyday. No excuses. I don't want any more people to fall at the hands of Perseus and his army."

The demigods didn't say anything. They all nodded, and I breathed a sigh of relief. At least the campers were respecting Chiron's wishes. I mean, all of our lives were on the line. "Training starts tomorrow at 8AM sharp. Since Percy has gone over to the.... evil side, Jason will be teaching the sword fighting class. Frank will be teaching archery, and Piper and Annabeth will be teaching how to fight using knives." Chiron concluded. "That is all. You may leave."

The demigods exited the Big House, many of them muttering about how Percy won't be able to kill any of the demigods once they were done their training. I rolled my eyes. They shouldn't be so confident. Percy was still the most powerful demigod out there, after all.

I walked up to half blood hill, and when I reached the top, I screamed in horror. Hazel was lying on her back, her eyes wide and glassy. A deep gash was slashed across her neck that was still oozing blood. I moved towards Hazel, but a figure shimmered into existence before me.

A boy with raven black hair, green eyes, and a wicked smile on his face.

I stumbled back, my hand instantly going to my knife sheathed at my waist. Percy Jackson tilted his head, his eyes never leaving my face. "Hello, Annabeth." I pulled the knife out of the sheath, my hands trembling as I pointed it at my ex-boyfriend. "Y-You..... You killed her! You killed Hazel!"

Percy waved a dismissive hand as he yawned and stretched out his black wings. "Yeah, I know. She was my target anyways. It was fun watching her as the life left her eyes. Very entertaining."

Footsteps approached and I looked back to see Jason, Piper, and Frank running towards us. I breathed a sigh of relief. They must've heard me scream.

Frank skidded to a halt as he saw the body of his girlfriend lying lifeless on the ground. His eyes widened and he let out an anguished sob. "Hazel!" He ran over and collapsed beside her, pulling Hazel's limp body onto his lap. Tears fell from his eyes as Frank lifted his hand and gently closed Hazel's eyes. Jason and Piper both drew their weapons and aimed it at Percy, who was looking mildly amused. "You're a monster! You kill people in cold blood!" Piper screamed.

Percy rolled his eyes as he put his hand into his pocket and pulled out a familiar pen. He uncapped it and my eyes widened in shock. Instead of the blade being all bronze, dark black lines had snaked up the hilt. The sword now pulsed with an unknown sort of evil energy.

Piper and Jason inhaled sharply as Percy twirled the sword between his fingers, grinning. "Do you like the new upgrade I gave Riptide?" His eyes switched to Piper, and his grin widened. "I'm going to finish what I came here for."