11. Past

Percy 

I stood and faced my army of demigods with a wicked smile on my face. I had relentlessly trained the army for the whole day until I decided that they were all ready to go and attack Camp Jupiter. I glanced beside me at Zoe, who was currently glaring harshly at my army for no apparent reason. I had also personally trained her until she was able to hold her own against me fairly well in a fight. 

I was proud of what I had accomplished. No longer was I the weak son of Poseidon who was being used as a pawn for the Gods. Now I had been blessed by half of the Primordial's, and I had an army that was bloodthirsty for revenge. 

My eyes flickered across the excited faces of the demigods and said "I deem you all ready. We will attack Camp Jupiter at nightfall!" Cheers erupted throughout the silent clearing we were standing in as my army relished in the feeling of being able to attack the Romans. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to meet the volcanic black eyes of Zoe Nightshade. Her bow was strapped across her back and her hair was up in a ponytail. Her hunting knives were strapped to her waist. "Do you actually we're ready for this? I mean, I know you are, Percy, but what about the rest of us? We weren't blessed by the Primordial's." 

I chuckled gently and touched her face. She blushed and I leaned in and whispered "Of course. You all are ready for this, and I don't doubt that. Camp Jupiter will fall at my hands. I would love to see the Gods reactions when I kill off their Roman children." 

"What will you do about Reyna?" Zoe questioned. I stepped back and frowned. I had almost forgotten about the current Praetor of the Twelfth Legion. I remembered when Reyna and I worked together in the fight against Polybotes. I remembered when I was promoted to a Praetor alongside Reyna. I shook my head and growled angrily to myself. I would not let myself relieve the memories of my past. 

Zoe sent me a concerned look, but I waved a hand. "I'm alright. I was just thinking about what I should do about Reyna since you asked. I think I'll kill her myself, like I did to Thalia." 

Zoe's eyes sparkled. She smiled and nodded. "Okay. If I encounter her on the battlefield, I'll bring her to you." "I knew I chose right for my second in command." I said, grabbing her hand and squeezing it. 

I looked back and saw the army awkwardly standing there watching Zoe and I interact with each other. In the front of the army, I saw Marissa glaring at Zoe with narrowed eyes. I raised an eyebrow as I watched Zoe glare right back at Marissa. "Is something the matter?" I asked the two girls. Marissa's gaze switched back to me and she smiled. "No, nothing's wrong, Commander." 

Ethan, who was standing next to Marissa, rolled his eyes. "Of course there's something wrong. Marissa's jealous." Marissa sputtered indignantly as I tilted my head, confused. "Oh, I see what's going on. Marissa, you like me, don't you?" 

Marissa whirled on Ethan and growled "Shut your trap, boy!" She turned to me and shook her head, putting on another fake smile. "Of course not, Commander. Don't listen to him. I only see you as my Commander and nothing more." Multiple people snorted at Marissa's words. 

Marissa flushed a deep shade of red but before she could start yelling death threats to my army, I raised my hand. Immediately, she closed her mouth and bowed her head in shame. "I do not care about any of this love business. Marissa, I do not want you to turn out into one of those lovesick girls. You are the third in command of my army. Act like it." 

I narrowed my eyes at my stunned army. "All of you, go and prepare for tonight." "Yes Commander!" The demigods went to their separate tents while Marissa sent one last gaze full of loathing at Zoe before walking to her tent. "I never realized she liked me." I muttered as I watched Marissa slip inside her tent. 

Zoe sighed in exasperation. "Honestly Percy, you're so clueless when it comes to love. I have no idea how Annabeth put up with you." When she said Annabeth's name, my mood decreased drastically. Shadows started to creep towards Zoe as I scowled. Anger rose up inside of me. 

Annabeth. 

I thought I had actually found the love of my life. But no. She threw me away, betrayed me without a second thought. Fuck, she's even a daughter of Athena. I honestly thought she would be smarter than this and see that Adam was a lying piece of shit. I couldn't believe I had willingly fallen into Tartarus with her. 

Zoe saw my expression and she paled. She glanced down at the shadows creeping towards her and hastily stepped back. "Percy! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring her up!" I willed the shadows to dissolve and I took a deep breath to try and control my anger. 

Whenever I get angry, it always doesn't turn out well. 

"Don't ever say her name like that to me again." I growled. Zoe's cheeks burned in shame as she nodded quickly. "Go and rest for tonight. Don't bother me until nightfall when we march on Camp Jupiter." I dissolved into mist before Zoe could say another word. 

I reappeared inside my tent and walked over to my table where all of my favourite weapons rested. I picked up my bracelet containing my most deadly weapon and slid it onto my wrist. I reached over and scooped a black ring onto my palm. I smirked as I placed a finger against it, and two black hunting knives shimmered into existence. "I haven't used you yet. Don't worry, there will be plenty of action tonight." I whispered as the knives transformed back into the ring. I slid the ring onto my index finger before scanning over the remaining weapons on the table. 

I already had Riptide in my pocket. And I was also able to summon my bow to me at will. Wow, a son of Poseidon using a bow? What has the world come to? Well when the Primordial's blessed me, my archery skills had increased dramatically. 

I opened my tent flap to see the sun starting to set, casting orange and pink rays colour across the sky. A smile formed on my lips. I couldn't wait to attack Camp Jupiter. 

Jason

I sat down on my bed in the Zeus cabin with my head in my hands. I couldn't believe I had to return to Camp Jupiter and stay there for Gods know how long. I knew the Romans wouldn't treat me like they used to when I was their Praetor. Since I had stayed at Camp-Half-Blood with Piper instead of staying with the Twelfth Legion, I was most likely branded as a Greek. 

And to make matters worse, Reyna would obviously tell the Senate about what we had done to Percy, and how Percy will most likely attack Camp Jupiter. 

"Fuck.My.Demigod.Life." I groaned into my hands. I raised my head and sighed wearily. I had no choice but to go and help Reyna defend Camp Jupiter. Like I said before, it was the least I could do to help the Legion. 

I stared out the window at the moon. I thought about the times when Percy and I were best friends. I remembered his usual sparkling green eyes, and that lopsided smirk. Then I also remembered Percy standing behind Piper as he drove his sword mercilessly into her chest. 

No. 

I will not think about Piper. 

I looked down at my hands and curled my fingers into a fist. "I'm sorry, Percy Jackson. For everything."

Word count: 1331

have another chapter. hey, we're almost at 1k reads. pretty good, pretty good.  

yay, i'm on break once more. well, where i live we call it easter break XD its literally only four days, but i'll take it