19. Reports

Nico

I rode the elevator up to Olympus after threatening the guard at the security desk to give me the key. I ignored the stupid music playing until the elevator reached the top. I was already out of the elevator before the doors could fully open. I walked quickly down the streets of Olympus, passing many minor Gods and Goddess who gave me confused looks. I reached the giant doors that led to the Olympian throne room and paused as I reached towards the door handles. 

What should I even say to the Olympians? That I found Percy and tried to attack him but he beat my ass and Artemis saved me from certain death? I gritted my teeth in annoyance and pulled open the door. 

I walked in, ignoring the surprised looks from the eleven Olympian Gods as I stood in the middle of the throne room. Wait... eleven? My eyes darted to Artemis' throne and saw that the Goddess wasn't present. I immediately grew worried. What if Percy had done something horrible to her? 

"She's an Olympian Goddess, she'll be fine." I muttered under my breath as I raised my head to look at Zeus. The King of the Gods was still staring at me with an emotionless expression. 

"Um.... Sorry, Lord Zeus, for just randomly showing up without an official invite or something....." I said awkwardly, trying my best not to shrink underneath the God's stare. 

"Is there something you need, boy?" Zeus finally spoke, his eyes narrowing dangerously at me. I swallowed and said hastily "I don't need anything, my Lord. I come with news that the council might want to hear." 

Poseidon leaned forward in his throne, his dull green eyes trained on me. "It's about my son, isn't it?" I nodded slowly and he sighed in defeat, falling back against his throne, burying his head in his hands. "Oh Percy......" 

I switched my gaze from Poseidon to the impatient King of the Gods. "I went searching for Perseus until I finally found him. He was camping out in the middle of a forest near the outskirts of New York. I attacked him, but he overpowered me and dropped me from the sky, intending to kill me, but Lady Artemis saved me. She told me to run, and I didn't want to, but I couldn't disobey an order from her. The last I had seen of her was when she was lunging towards Perseus." 

Zeus's expression changed to concern as he gazed at the empty throne of his daughter. "She was hunting, she told me that before she left Olympus. You must be thankful that my daughter saved your life, Son of Hades." 

"Of course, My Lord. I wouldn't be standing here if it wasn't for her." I said instantly, not wanting to anger the Sky God. 

Zeus leaned back in his throne, stroking his beard as small sparks of lighting danced across it. "My daughter is more than perfectly capable of handling herself. But if Perseus makes her fade, I will bring the entire Olympian council and send his soul to Tartarus without a second thought." 

I couldn't help but admire Zeus' protectiveness towards his daughter. Sure, he lets his pride and arrogance get in his way most of the time, but he actually does care about his family and the people close to him. 

I opened my mouth to say something when there was silver flash of light and Artemis appeared next to me, breathing heavily. Her auburn hair was frazzled and messy, and her silver clothes were torn in some places. She looked at me, wrinkled her nose, and grew to her godly height, sitting down on her throne where her clothes repaired themselves and her hair returned to normal. 

"Daughter, are you alright? What happened?" Zeus asked once Artemis had seated herself on her throne. She glanced at her father and said "I fought Perseus, and managed to cut him, but he grew angry and froze me using his time powers from the Primordials when they blessed him. He grabbed my arm, released me from the spell, and threw me. When I flashed back the camp where he was, everything was gone."