28. Reality

Percy 

I studied Hestia's expression. She didn't seem angry like the other Olympians that I had fought. instead, her expression was sad and full of anguish. 

"Perseus, I ask you one more time to think this through." The Goddess said, fire flickering around her. "I do not wish to fight you, but I will in order to defend Olympus and protect my family." 

I rolled my eyes and brandished my weapons. Athena groaned from her place on the floor, and she sat up, golden ichor pouring from her wound. She reached up and pulled out the broken half of her spear before tossing it aside. 

"Stay down, Athena." Hestia said in a quiet voice. "I do not want you to fade." Determination flashed in Athena's stormy grey eyes. They were so similar to Annabeth's that it took all my willpower not to go over there and throttle the Goddess. 

"I cannot let you face this monster alone." Athena growled, struggling to her feet. She held her hand out and another spear appeared in her outstretched palm. I sighed. I needed Annabeth to see me kill her mother. I wanted her to feel pain, feel pain the way I had done when she betrayed me. 

I snapped my fingers and Athena was suddenly bound in chains like her father, and I flicked my wrist, Athena's body rising into the air. Athena floated over to where Poseidon, Zeus, and Ares was, before I lowered my wrist, making the Wisdom Goddess collapse to the ground next to her father. 

"Sea spawn! I demand you to release us this instant!" Zeus bellowed as Poseidon looked at Athena in concern. The Goddess's face was pale, and it was clear that her strength was draining rapidly. 

Hestia sighed and shook her head. "You were a hero, Perseus Jackson. You were someone almost everyone looked up to. You had the purest heart, and your loyalty to others was just incredible." "You do know what whatever you say would not make me change my mind on ruling Olympus ad the world?" I asked, twirling Riptide nimbly through my fingers. "Sorry, but I already have my goals in mind." 

Hestia's eyes burst into flames, and she sent a wall of fire towards me. I jumped to the side before feeling a tug in my gut. The water from a fountain rose up into the air and splashed over the flames, extinguishing it. "You're forgetting that I used to be a son of Poseidon." I said, looking over at Poseidon when I said that. His face was full of sadness and pain, and I smirked. 

Hestia's hands blazed with fire and she threw giant fireballs at me, making me jump, duck, and dodge every single one of them. I threw my hands up and a wall of water erupted from the ground, making Hestia pause in her attacks. I charged through the wall of water and tackled the Goddess, sending the two of us crashing to the ground. Hestia threw a punch at me that collided with my jaw, sending me reeling off of her. She scrambled to her feet and shot a burst of flames from her hand towards me.

I pressed my body flat against the marble floor as the fire sailed over me. I jumped to my feet and swung my giant scythe at her. Hestia stepped back, but I spun Riptide before throwing it at her. It struck her in the shoulder and the Goddess staggered back with a cry of pain. 

"SISTER!" Poseidon and Zeus roared at the exact same time. Athena was lying on the ground, too weak to even stand. A puddle of ichor was starting to form from all the godly blood she was losing. Ares was straining to free himself from the heavy celestial bronze chains, his face turning a very concerning dark purple. 

Before Hestia could attempt to attack me again, I snapped my fingers and the eldest Goddess was bound in chains as well and tossed over to where Zeus, Poseidon, Ares, and Athena lay. 

I tapped my bracelet and my scythe disappeared, but I kept Riptide in my hand. I was aching all over, from when Demeter slashed me with her sword and when Hestia punched me in the jaw. Overall, I was just extremely exhausted. "Zoe? It would be a good time for you to.....To come out now with my new slaves." I said tiredly.