52. Awake

I remember walking away from the graves with a sad smile on face. And after that... I don't remember anything else. Your eyes snap open as your name is called. "(Y/n)!". You quickly sit up and look around the room to see a group of people you know. "Where am I? What happened? How did I get here?". Suddenly you are tackled by two blonde boys. "We're so glad you're ok", Naruto says hugging you tightly. Kuro sighs and pulls away, hitting you on the head. You flinch due to the unexpected pain and rub your sore lump. "Ow, what was that for?", you hiss. Kuro returns to the hug, hiding his face in your neck. "You shouldn't scare us like that". You take your attention off of the boys and look over to the Hokage and a few Konoha ninja you know. "What's going on?". Lord third chuckles and approaches your bed, now that you look around you see that you're in a hospital room. You jump slightly. "Why am I in the hospital?!". Sasuke sighs and jumps onto the bed beside you. "You exhausted yourself by lack of sleep and overusing your chakra". You got off the bed and shivered uncomfortably. "God I hate the hospital".

The door opened and Sakura, Ino, Tenten, and Hinata entered. "Oh, she's alright!", Tenten cheers. The four girls run in and hug you. You smiled down at them, returning the embrace. Suddenly Naruto hugged me again. "Why do you hate the hospital?', he asks. You sigh and sit back on your bed. "It was the place where I experienced one of best memories as well as my worst". Kuro gently rubbed my back and then jumped off of the bed. "Well, I gotta go, see ya!". He then ran out of the room only leaving the other kids, Lord third, Iruka, Kakashi as well as Izumo and Kotetsu. "So can I leave the hospital?", you asked hopefully. The Hokage chuckles and nods his head. "Of course, but first there is something that Kakashi would like to tell you". You turn to the masked ninja, meeting his gaze.

"I have decided to let Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura take part in the Chunin exams". You blink a few times before smiling brightly. "Really? That's great". Iruka jumps forward with a worried expression on his face. "(Y/n), you have to rethink this! They're my students and I know they aren't ready for it yet". You send the worried brunette a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, have faith in them. They're stronger than you think". He sighs and rubs his head. "F-fine, I guess I'll give it a shot". You stand up and pat his shoulder before heading toward the door. "And where do you think you're going?", Lord third asks. You turn around and meet his gaze. "I guess I was going to go home". "In your hospital robe?". You look down and blush, you were indeed in a hospital robe. "Then I'll be getting changed and then going home". He nods and walks to the door, standing in the doorway. "Be sure to rest up, you'll be working tomorrow". You give a determined nod and watch as he leaves with Izumo and Kotetsu following suit. Kakashi turns to the kids and gives a closed-eyed smile. "Everyone else should be going, (Y/n) will leave once she's ready". They all nod and say their goodbyes before walking out, trailing the silver-haired sensei.

Now it was only Iruka and yourself. "It's good to know you're healthy again", he says, nervously laughing. You smile brightly at him and nod. He goes to leave but something in you stops him. "W-wait!". He turns back and looks at you. "Yes?". "Y'know how we went out for lunch the other day, well I uh was wondering... if you maybe wanted to go out again. I had a lot of fun and uh you don't have to if you don't wan-". "No I-I uh will come... with you". Your smile widened. "Really? Great! Is now fine?". He nods. "Sure, get ready. I'll just wait outside the room for you". You slowly nod and watch as he leaves the room. It filled you with a warm fuzzy feeling, the sort of feeling you got whenever Zabuza admitted he cared about you. The sort of feeling you got when Zabuza hugged or kissed you. It was a feeling that you had missed dearly and you were glad it had returned. Your only regret was not realizing it sooner.

Finally with Iruka again. Btw has anyone else seen The Avengers: Infinity war? Love the movie but *wipes away tears* so sad. No spoilers :D Anyway vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD