11

I walked back into prom. My friends looked at me. Miranda emerged from the group she walked towards me & grabbed my hand.

"OMG Miranda thank you for being on my side like..." I started while she pulled me Into the bathroom.
"Ashley. what the fuck is wrong with you?" she said.
"Miranda you know we damn well enough to know I didn't have anything to do with that!" I yelled.
"You can't go doing that ashley!" she said.
"Doing what?" I asked calmly.
"Being the whore you've been the past year!" she yelled into the phone.
"Fuck it! some best friend you are." I said & stormed out the door.
I ran to the parking lot. no ride home, yet again.
I was walking home in a prom dress holding my heels my makeup smudging. I was a mess. when I arrived home I ran upstairs.

"Mom I'm spending the weekend at kaylees." I said. I threw three duffle bags out my window filled with clothes. then I hugged my family bye & walked out the door with my last bag off clothes.

I put my bags of clothes into the trunk of my car and then I in ally let all my tears come out. I drove miles away from my house. I drove 90 miles from home. I pulled into a hotel parking lot. I couldn't deal with much more. I laid in the hotel bed. I had no one anymore, no one.

*NEXT DAY*

I woke up & turned on my phone. no one called or texted me, nobody cared. I took a shower & did my hair & makeup. I went on twitter. my notifications consisted of people wanting me to follow them or tell one of the guys this or that. I went to a diner down the road. while I was sitting there Sierra texted me.

12:08 pm S: can I borrow that grey sweater?
I didn't reply.
12:26 pm S: I'm taking it.
12:28 pm S: where the hell are all your clothes?!?!
12:37 pm S: Ashley call me.
I sighed. I dialed her number.

"Ashley dallas what the hell?!" she screamed into the phone.
"Good afternoon to you too." I said
"This isn't a joke. if I have to tell mom I will." She threatened.
"I'll be home for graduation on Friday, but I'm done with school. I'm supposed to go tomorrow but it's fine don't worry I'll be fine." I said into the phone.
"You're unbelievable ashley." she screamed into the phone.
"You don't know anything about me. just don't tell anyone." I said.
"Why did you run away baby?" she asked calmly.
I started tearing up.
"Ashley?" she asked again.
"I just need a break don't worry.love you s." I said & hung up

I dropped a few dollars on the table at the diner. I drove another 30 miles until I arrived at my old lake house. I knocked on the door & prayed. the familiar face appeared. it was my old guy best friend luke. he recognized me immediately. I jumped in his arms & he held me so close. "Are you alone?" he asked confused.
"Yep. & you?" I asked.
"I'm 20 years old ash.." he smiled.
I hugged him again. "can I stay?" I whispered.
He looked at me & nodded.