21

The next morning I don't know where I was when I woke up. I looked around. I wasn't sure where I was. I got up & looked around. I went into the hallway & noticed I was in jack gilinskys house. I sighed in relief.

"You Dallas's when you're drunk..." jack said appearing out of the bathroom.
"Why am I here?" I laughed.
"Your options were to go home with me, that huge guy that's slept with everyone, go home with Adam or stay at a party alone." he said.
"God, thank you." I said.
"Come downstairs I think I have good food." he laughed.

We ate waffles & talked for awhile. we talked about all his dedicated fans & his & jacks music. we were talking about him & I was actually interested in the conversation.
"Well how are you?" jack asked.
i shrugged.
"Oh come on. tell me how you go to insane college parties. tell me how you have 5 guys hanging over you!" he laughed.
I shook my head, "I'm gonna sound like such a nerd but I have a 4.0 gpa. I go to parties only on Saturdays. they're so fun but i was always with alex." I said.
"He's a good guy but not for you." jack said.
"Why does everyone say that?" I asked.
"Because you & Sam are basically the same person." jack laughed.
"Sammy has a new girlfriend." I said.
"Sam slept with about 15 girls in the past month. he's trying to get over you." jack said.
"Oh." was all I could say.
"He's trying to get over you. he doesn't realize that he's not going to." jack laughed.
It was silent for a few minutes.
"Would you maybe want to come to La for a few weeks? you can bring Miranda." jack said.
My head shot up. "seriously!?" I yelled.
He nodded. I hugged him so tight. I went & sat back down.

"Yo jack?" I heard two voices say coming into the house.
Jack Johnson & sammy appeared.
They both looked from me to jack.
"D-did you sleep with her jack?" sammy said.
"What? no" jack said.
sammy stormed out of the house. I got up to chase after him but jack Johnson stopped me. "give it some time ash." he said.

I sat back down & thought about sammy. I wanted him back more than anything.
"Well jack thank you so much but I have to get home for Christmas Eve. Jj can you take me?" I asked.
"Yeah, come on." he said.
We walked outside & sammy was in the passenger side of jacks car. I got in the backseat & he just looked at me then looked away really fast.
"Hey ash?" jack asked.
"Are you & Miranda coming to nash & cams in a few weeks?" he asked.
I nodded. "yeah I think so." I said.
"Sam we bought your plane ticket already babe." jack said laughing.
Sammy shook his head laughing.
"Okay well merry Christmas guys!" I said while getting out of the car.
"Merry Christmas ash!" jack said.
Sammy said nothing.

I walked inside & quickly ran upstairs. luckily no one in my family was up yet.
I was going to the bathroom until Cameron pulled me into his room.
"How'd things go with Sam?" he asked.
"There's nothing to tell." I said.
He shook his head and went downstairs. everyone was rooting for me & Sam except me and sam.

Christmas Eve was spent with my stepdads family. I opened a few presents that were mostly clothes. We all went to sleep and woke up on Christmas day. my mom made her usual Christmas breakfast. we all ate & laughed. We opened more presents & spent the holiday as a family for once. We were all laying on the couches & floor watching a Christmas movie when the phone rang. I got up to answer it.

"Hellllloooo." I sang into the phone.
"Hello. this is general smith of the U.S. military. is this the household of Jonathan dallas?" he asked.
"Uhm yeah." I said.
"Are you over 18 years of age?" he asked.
"Yeah, why?" I asked worriedly.
"I'm sorry to say but you dad was murdered in a sneak attack." the man said.
I dropped the phone & started screaming. my step dad ran over & reheard what I just said.
I went up to my room & cried. I didn't get out of my room until new years. I was by far the closest with my dad. No one could make me feel better. Miranda spent one day with me, I was still so upset. On December 28th we buried my dad. I was crying & sammy came & hugged me. I felt safe for that short second. He was comforting me like I was Cameron's little sister not someone he loved.

Miranda came by on New Years eve. I was emotionally stable by then. "partyyyy?" she asked.
I smirked & nodded.
We went to a party at an old friend's house. we partied & celebrated New Years.
"Who are you going to kiss?" I laughed.
"Hmmm I think maybe him." she said pointing to a tall guy. we both laughed.
"Hey it's 11:58 ash. you should go stick your tongue down someone's throat." she laughed.
I went & looked around, I didn't need to kiss anyone.
"5...4....3....2...." Everyone yelled.
I felt someone grab my waist & pull me into kiss me.
All these noises were going off.
I opened my eyes to see sammy staring back at me.
"Happy new year ash." he said.
I leaned in & kissed him again.
He pulled away. "I'm sorry." he said.
"Me too." I said.
"Ash, I love you." he said.
"I love you too sammy. I love you too." I said before kissing him again.