Trouble

"I really think that they cast the antagonist perfectly."

"Yes, I agree! And the reveal was amazing!"

Adelaide and Mary laughed and the nurse continued, "Sherlock and John definitely paid slightly more attention to us than to the movie though. That's probably why they weren't as picky about what we saw."

"Hey, I didn't mind Sherlock at all. It was nice to be there with him and have a heat source. It was colder than I expected it to be, even though they always keep the theatre cold to help lull you into a dream state." Mary chuckled. Dream state indeed.

They had come to a halt at the pedestrian crossing after running ahead of John and Sherlock, who were in visual range but had another street to cross to catch up with the ladies. Adelaide looked up at the crossing signal and sighed as Mary chided, "Come on, turn green!" After all, they were enjoying their little game.

Out of the corner of her eye Adelaide saw someone running towards her. She whipped around just as they breached three feet from her and a pang of dread shocked her system. No! What is he doing here!?  She felt her blood drain, causing her to feel cold and pale, as she tried to step out of his path and avoid him. But it was too late and he snagged her by the arm, hard, "Let go of me!"

"And what makes you think I should, Adelaide!?"

"Hey, she said to let go!" Mary quickly intervened and wrested Adelaide free, "Move along!"

"Pardon but I do actually have something to discuss with Addie, so if you would just give us a moment of privacy-" The man grasped Mary and shoved her down, nearly into the street, "- I might consider going on my way. Now come on, Addie! No need to be shy!" He grabbed her again and started to pull her towards the other crossing. She struggled and planted her feet but he was a bulky brute of a man and had little trouble forcing her along.

"No! Let go!" She protested. I can't let him win! Not again!

Sherlock and John finally crossed and raced across the sidewalk, having seen everything. The detective beelined for Adelaide and her attacker. The army doctor made for Mary who had just gotten back to her feet, and then the Watsons helped Sherlock stop the man and get Adelaide out of his grip.

He pulled her away and cupped her face, "Are you alright, Adelaide?!" She shook her head but couldn't verbalize, and buried her face into his blazer and shirt. This set Sherlock off and he glared darkly at the man who had no doubt traumatized his beloved girlfriend in the past and had made her so frightened. He brought her flush against him and held her there. She hugged him tightly and his heart ached as he felt her tremoring, "Don't worry, Love. I've got you now..." What did he do to you?!

John managed to get him in a restraint while Mary gave him some extra motivation to stay still. She then confronted him, "What did you want with Adelaide!?!"

"I don't have to tell any of you anything! I said I had something to talk to her about and I will talk to her."

Sherlock scrutinized the muscled, tall brunette. Mid-30s. Athletic and into competitive sports. Not from London but given the accent, comes from Adelaide's hometown. This implies that they at least knew each other from childhood through to at least early adulthood.  Sherlock pressed his lips into a thin line, "Adelaide, who is he?"

She shook her head again, "Adelaide, I have to know at least his name for the report," He said in a much softer tone, "He won't touch you again. I promise. But what is his name?"

She still couldn't reply. If he wasn't holding her then, then he would have needed John to keep him from lashing out. Mary came over and gently rubbed Adelaide's back while looking up at Sherlock, "Search him for ID?" She asked in a whisper.

Sherlock nodded, "Please do," Mary nodded and went behind, quickly pickpocketing the man's wallet and opening it, "And..?"

"Carlyle Willoughby. Currently a resident of Bristol, works as a physical fitness coach there."

"Taken down by an army doctor. That will be a story for all the coaches to hear."

"Yeah right." Carlyle mocked.

"I can break every bone in your body while naming them. Try me." Sherlock smirked at that and then resumed a stern expression.

"Why have you come from Bristol to harass Adelaide, Willoughby?"

"None of your business." Carlyle spat.

"It is my business. Adelaide is my girlfriend and you've made her upset. As her boyfriend, it is my privilege to defend her from you- someone who has quite certainly caused her pain."

"No, Sherlock, just..." Adelaide whimpered, "Can we just go?"

"He just assaulted you, Adelaide. At least let me have Garrett pick him up."

She shook her head, "I can't stay near him. Please,  Sherlock, Please don't make me..."

Thank you for reading!!