Affianced [A]

The Next Morning   

I wake up to my alarm and go to turn it off. As my hand flails out for my mobile a certain sparkling on my finger catches my eye. Once the alarm is off I sit up and flip on my beside lamp, holding my left hand  and the ring to the light. I smile and giggle, "Engaged to Sherlock Holmes..."

To be honest I didn't get a good look at the ring last night. I was much more focused on Sherlock, of course. Now that I can I examine it closely and admire the vintage design and simple elegance, "He must have searched so hard find it, bless him." I remark and then get out of bed, making it back up before hurrying to start the day.

I'm eating breakfast when I get a text from Tara. It's not her typical morning message.

How'd it go last night? Normally you tell me pretty quickly. -T

I giggle and reply with a picture of the ring and a blushing smiley face. No more than five seconds later she responds.

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you, Ada! -T

As she starts spamming my phone, I get a text from Finley.

So? How was last night with Sherlock, sis? -Finn

He proposed and we're engaged now, Finn! Don't tell me you knew! -Ada

He came and asked for my blessing, sis. Of course I knew. Were you surprised? -Finn

Yes of course I was surprised! But he actually asked you for your blessing? And you gave it to him? -Ada

Yes, the both of you have my blessing. He also went and asked Nan and the others. In person. He took the train over to Dorset. -Finn

I stare at the text and then I get a call from Nan. I answer and have to hold the phone away from my ear when cheers of excitement explode from the speaker. I chat with them while I finish getting ready for work and then head out. Peter stops me and congratulates me, but lets me pass quickly knowing I'm running tight on time.

When I finally get to my office, I find a new vase on my desk with a fresh bouquet of bright, exotic blooms. There's a tiny card as well. I pick it up and smile.

To my Fianceé,

I will see you later, Angel. I wanted to deliver these in person but Greg needed me for a level ten case.

Love, Sherlock

I take the card and pin it to my board where I can see it, then text Sherlock.

Within a few minutes he responds and we chat over text for a while

This goes on for a while until Ryan chides me playfully and I have to get to work

This goes on for a while until Ryan chides me playfully and I have to get to work. Then I try to make it through the day without attracting so much attention.

Yeah, nice try.

Luckily the attention isn't over the top, but all my co-workers congratulate me when they see the ring. I go through the day with a giddy smile and a blush, still absorbing that Sherlock and I are actually engaged.

I'm actually packing up for the day when Sherlock walks in, a little disheveled but smiling brightly, "Hello, Love."

"Hey, honey!" I walk over and we share a kiss and a hug, "Did you solve the case?"

"Of course. Once I turned up a few clues all it was was a quick pursuit of the suspect," He replies and cups my face, "I actually spent most of my time trying to answer questions about our engagement, so you were on my mind all day." He kisses me sweetly and then clasps his hands together at the small of my back.

I play with his scarf a bit and chuckle, "I had a good day, although everyone of my co-workers congratulated me. Not many of them asked questions, although my family did."

He manages to peck a kiss onto the ring, "It does look even better than I imagined it would. How do you like it now that you've had a day to take it in?"

"I love it, Sherlock! It's a beautiful ring! And I have a feeling that you did your homework and searched pretty hard for it."

"Yes. You wouldn't believe how many shops I visited. But I saw it and I knew it would suit you." I lean up and kiss his cheek.

"Well, you chose perfectly, Darl."

"I know," We both chuckle and he leans down, resting his head in my shoulder and hugging me tightly, "You have no idea how nervous I was."

"I was wondering why you seemed a little anxious over dinner."

"I tried to keep that as hidden as possible. You do tend to sense when I'm stressed or upset."

"Yeah, I guess so."

When we finally let go of each other I grab my stuff and we head back to my flat, deciding to take the Tube for once and walk the rest of the way. He walks holding my left hand in his, lacing his fingers through mine. His fingers brush over the ring every so often and I can't help but blush each time.

Triple update!! I hope you guys enjoyed this! Love y'all!!