Calming the Storm

"SHERLOCK, STOP!!"

Adelaide stood there in front of the pockmarked wall, arms out to her sides to shield the rest of the wall, "You've got to stop now, Sherlock!!"

Sherlock blinked a few times as his vision cleared and he realized that his fianceé was in fact there, blocking his target. She looked like she had run herself ragged getting there- hair loose and wispy, breathless, red faced, and eyes shining with what could be tears. He gulped, "A-Adelaide..?"

She nodded, "Yes, Sherlock. I am here. Now would you please put the gun down?"

His hand was shaking, he finally noticed, as he slowly set it down on the desk. Why can't I stop tremoring?  He cursed when realized his whole form was shaking with tremendous force.

Adelaide cautiously let out a breath and approached gently, hands raised. Sherlock scolded himself for scaring her and making her feel the need to approach him like he was a wild boar, "L-Love, I-I-I would never hurt you... I didn't- don't ever  want to scare y-you..," He whimpered, reaching out for her as a sudden need for her surged in him, "A-A-Adelaide..."

She approached a little quicker and caught him as he collapsed into her arms, holding on for dear life, "Sh-Sherlock, you're scaring all of us. What happened, Darling?"

He couldn't answer. With eyes squeezed shut, all he could focus on was the faint scents of warm cookies and perfume that radiated from Adelaide's skin. He inhaled the fragrance and squeezed his arms around her, finally finding control.

She frowned and increased her grip on him as his legs lost support and dragged them both to the floor, with him landing mostly in her lap. His breathing found a steady rhythm again, though fast and shallow still, "Oh, Sherlock... What did this to you, Darling?" She sighed and pressed him to her while she tried to decide how to continue, "It'll be alright, Sherlock. I am here and I've got you. I'm not leaving you..."

John and Lestrade ran in and both paled when they realized how much damage had occurred in the living room, which now looked like a war zone. When they saw Adelaide holding Sherlock they looked for the gun and the army doctor confiscated it before walking closer to the couple, "I-Is he..?"

"What happened earlier, John? Something triggered this." She questioned in a light, though stern, voice.

"He got jumped by two men at the crime scene. He said he was fine when I got to him and he almost never tells me when something is actually wrong. I figured he'd wanted to come home because I know he'd been injured but..."

Adelaide nodded stiffly, "Then there's something else going on. The attack set him off, he came home and lost it."

John stepped past them to the mantle on a hunch and found the knife pinning a crumpled paper to the wood. He picked it up, "This may be a clue... It has some symbol on it."

Adelaide nodded, "Put it in my purse, please?"

"Why?"

"Because I'll be taking Sherlock to my flat. He needs to calm down and I may be able to get him to tell me what the symbol means and why he had an episode. Put it in my purse and leave us alone for a few minutes, please," John sighed and nodded. The two men exited the flat and Adelaide exhaled, "Sherlock..."

"P-Please don't leave me alone, Adelaide. Please,"  He begged, on the verge of crying, "I c-can't h-h-handle this anymore."

"Shhh, Sherlock, I am not going to leave you alone. I'm going to take you home with me, okay? I'll call in and stay with you for as long as it takes."

"P-P-Promise?"

"I promise."

It took several minutes to get him off the floor. John had to go get a bag packed for him while Adelaide coaxed Sherlock into standing up so that they could leave. But even once he was upright he had exhausted himself so much that he wobbled, "Adelaide-"

"I've got you, Sherlock. Don't worry." She reassured softly, having braced him up a bit, "John?"

"Sedan's here."

"Thank you, John," He nodded and helped get Sherlock out to the car where the detective promptly fell over into Adelaide's lap. She turned to the blogger before the door shut, "I'll keep you updated."

"Thanks. I'll look for more clues here and let you know if I turn up anything."

When Sherlock came to he was laid out on Adelaide's futon, which was fully expanded, with a blanket over top and a pillow under him. He blinked a few times, feeling too weak and pained to move much, "Adelaide..?"

"I'm here, honey," Her voice came softly, from beside him on the futon. She reached out with her cool hand and smoothed back a few curls, "Do you need anything?"

"Yes," He looked up at her, "You." 

Stay tuned!! Shout outs to charityisirrelivant, iamsherlocked64, mmkn2005, and Dalar_Rose for all their support!! Love you guys!! ❤😘