Photos [A]

Two Weeks Later

"Come on, Sherlock!"

"Why?"

"Because, we didn't get around to them and I think it would be great to have Engagement Photos."

"We get married in less than a month, Adelaide. There will be two professional wedding photographers plus all of our relatives and friends there who are going to make sure there are hundreds of photos to remember the day. There is not a practical reason to take engagement photos this close to our actual ceremony."

"Yes there is."

"And what is it?"

"Memories."

He looked up at me from the book in his lap and studied me, "Memories?"

"Yes, Sherlock. Memories of our engagement- happily preparing for our life together and enjoying each other. Fun pictures to look at in the years down the road when we're telling stories to our children."

He smiled gently as I finished speaking and set the book down, closing it up, "Very well, Love. I understand your argument now."

"No, we're not doing the pictures near there."

"Why not, Sherlock? It's gorgeous there." I ask, gesturing towards the park on the map. Tara, who has agreed to use her professional photography skills, is on her way here and we need to figure out where we want to do out engagement shoot, but Sherlock has nixed almost every spot I've suggested.

He shakes his head and leans down, "Because that is Hyde Park. I will not enter that park again."

"Hyde Pa-?" Right. That's where he found me frozen in the snow.  I sigh and clasp his hand, "Oh, Sherlock, I'm sorry. I didn't think of that."

"You were unconscious for the entire ordeal so it's not quite as unpleasant for you. But I do not wish to have our engagement photos taken in the place where you nearly died." I nod and hug him.

"No, no, I completely agree, Darling. I should've remembered," I kiss his cheek, "Sorry."

"All's forgiven, Lovey," He kisses me on the lips, "Now, I might suggest that we just let Tara meet us here and then I know a number of places we can visit for pictures."

"Okay, Sherlock."

Sherlock and I agreed to have some engagement photos taken, courtesy of Tara, and now that we're actually getting it done I can't help but have butterflies in my stomach. I'm very excited that Sherlock understands why I wanted to do this, but at the same time I feel a little nervous because we're so close to getting married now. I mean, this past weekend we went to Chickerell, my hometown in Dorset, and took care of so many wedding details. My mind is reeling from everything we've been doing and still have to do.

We hear the door open downstairs and turn towards the stairwell as Tara bounces up onto the landing, grinning, "Hullo, Lovebirds! You ready to go?"

"Yep!!" I chirp while Sherlock merely nods with a gentle smile.

"Then let's get going, shall we? I got some great ideas on my way here." She fixes up her fancy camera, that she normally uses for taking pictures for her business since she's an Interior Designer, and we exchange ideas as preferences as we head back out.

Sherlock, being shy and aware of the media presence, obviously votes against going to the more popular picture spots in London. I don't mind it, but I do make sure we avoid certain areas like past crime scenes.

At first it's awkward and we're both shy, him a little more than me. But with coaxing from Tara and after some time, we loosen up. We start to disregard the camera and just act naturally with each other. Not over dramatic or stiffly postured for every snapshot, and when Tara poses us we have no issue following her lead.

Sherlock takes us all around London, including to the Museum where we take a few pictures in the Wildlife Garden and a couple of the exhibits. Luckily it isn't busy so we manage to get quite a few lovely pictures of us walking, talking and being a couple. In the garden we actually spend a good amount of time doing poses with both of us in the grass, curled up together.

"Hold on, I need to change the battery real quick." Tara states and steps around a bush to take care of it. I chuckle and lean against Sherlock's chest, tilting my head to look up at him.

"You've been a real trooper, Sweetie. I didn't think we'd go this long." I kiss his jawline and he chuckles as well, leaning his head on mine.

"I want to make sure we have plenty of pictures so that we can look at them in the future and remember how we were," He answers softly, "And, of course, to practice for our Wedding Day."

"Of course."

Sherlock twists his head and captures my lips with his- tender and soft. I hum and reciprocate, turning my body to better reach him. The kiss deepens and we press closer together.

Just as we're falling backwards, we register the camera shutters and barely catch ourselves. Tara giggles, "Oh, come on! I was getting awesome pics of you two!"  Sherlock is blushing a bright red and I'm a healthy pink but we laugh anyway and continue the shoot, with Sherlock stealing a few more kisses when he thinks Tara isn't trained on us.

As we split after one of those kisses I whisper, "You're being awfully sneaky, Sherlock..."

"She can't capture every kiss, Angel, or else they wouldn't be so sweet."

I giggle and lean in for another kiss, "Maybe..."

Thank you for reading!! The wedding is coming up so stay tuned!! Love y'all!! 😘💕