Afoul {Final}

"What is that?"  Mary asked John with a chuckle, "Just what are you doing, John?"

The blogger was laying on the floor with Rosie, just over a year old, and making funky buzzing noises. Rosie seemed to be in awe and laughed hard every time, her face glowing from her grin. John laughed. He swooped his daughter up and  swaying her around, "Playing airplanes, what does it look like?" He responded, glancing at his wife.

The ex-CIA Assassin couldn't help but chuckle again as her husband and daughter continued their playtime. She sat down on the edge of the bed and watched them with her own grin. I wonder how long it will be until Rosie has a playmate with "Holmes" as their surname. The thought elicited an amused giggle. She had a strong hunch that it wouldn't be very long before a curly headed, brunette baby joined the ranks.

Of course, it will be a playgroup of three by then. She mused to herself, ghosting a hand over her abdomen.

John finally got up, carrying a babbling Rosie with him, "I'm so glad she's out of the projectile vomit phase."

"Oh, don't remind me. It was the Exorcist every time it happened."

"Mmm," John came and sat down next to Mary, passing Rosie to her, "When do you think we should tell them?"

"Not until they're back. But before Sherlock can deduce it again."

"Well we won't be seeing them until right before their reception. And he'll be so focused on Adelaide anyways, he might not notice."

"Perhaps. But it would be nice to get him back at the reception."

"Adelaide might not appreciate very much of that," They both laughed again, "But who knows. Maybe in the future we can help her surprise Sherlock?"

"That would be awesome!"

As they went into a fit of laughter from their imaginings, John's mobile started to buzz. They didn't notice it. But after four episodes of the buzzing, the army doctor realized it and got up to see what it was. Without really glancing at the caller ID he answered, "Hullo?"

"John!? Why weren't you picking up? I had to call you four times-" Came an incredibly distressed voice from the speaker.

"Wait, are you okay? What's going on? Why did you call?"

"I'm alright, b-but, John, Sherlock isn't."

"What do you mean?"

Mary asked, "Is it Sherlock?" John shook is head and mouthed Adelaide.

"He went to get the car for us a-a-and didn't come on time. S-S-So I went to the parking lot myself a-and was nearly run over and the car was busted into and scuffed up-"

"Adelaide, what happened!?"

John's spirits sank as Adelaide cried, "He's isn't here, John! Sherlock is gone!"

~To be continued~

Thank all of you so much for your support thus far in my Sherlaide series!! I love you all and you've been amazing readers!! 😘💕❤ I am going to release the third and final book soon, so stay tuned because I'm not sure when it'll be published.

Shout-Outs to::

mmkn2005

charityisirrelivant

iamsherlocked64

spoopyperson1992

SofiaCerveraAguiaga

Annagamergirl9

phoenixfire1127

JuiliLon2004

Love you guys!! I hope to see you in my next story!! 😘😘