Sunny in Somerset

Three Days Later

Adelaide squealed, ducking out of Sherlock's arms and dashing away, not daring to look back for fear of slowing down. Playful giggles erupted from her as she ran across the lawn and into the tall hedge maze. C'mon, keep going. You can make it to at least two minutes before he catches you this time! The new Missus Holmes encouraged herself. Determination surged and she grinned. Her legs pumped and she sprinted through the short maze until she doubled back, knowing that Sherlock would go around and intercept her on the other side. Hopefully he didn't anticipate my strategy.

The newlyweds were happily spending their honeymoon in Somerset, just outside Bath in a bungalow that Mycroft had lent them. It was out of the way and well secured, being one of his preferred retreats, with plenty of perks for the couple to enjoy. They'd spent the previous days exploring Somerset and it's beaches, but that day they had decided to spend more time exploring the grounds.

Adelaide emerged from the maze and beelined for the picnic blanket, "Almost..!"

Then she saw Sherlock in her peripheral and knew it wouldn't be long before he'd catch her. Her successfully outrunning the detective who ran all across London every day would be impossible, but that wasn't her goal. It was a fun game to get him to chase her, and enjoyable for both.

As she neared the tree-shaded blanket she heard Sherlock close the gap between them, catching her in seconds, "Gotcha!" Adelaide shrieked with laughter as he snapped her up into his arms and fluttered a series of kisses over her face and neck. She finally managed to catch some breath and then angled her head to meet his lips when he went in for another kiss. They weren't able to maintain it for very long because they were out of air from their running, so they released and Sherlock walked over to the blanket, setting her down gently on top before joining her, "You, Lovey, are quickly running out of strategies to try and maximize the length of the chase." He noted breathlessly.

"I know. But I think I'm done with the running for a while."

"Indeed."

After catching their breath he laid back against the blanket and tugged her down beside him. She chuckled, "Tired, Honey?"

"Only a bit winded, thanks to you."

"Oh really?" She hummed and gave him a kiss, "I thought you could run longer without getting tired, Mister Sherlock Holmes."

"There is a difference between chasing a criminal and chasing my wife. With you my pulse was already elevated because of my physiological reactions to my love for you," Sherlock responded in a lower volume. Adelaide smiled and lifted her hand, stroking his cheek and playing with his unkempt curls. His sparkling eyes dilated until only a slim crescent of blue was still visible. He whispered, "You sometimes make it very hard not to go into tachycardia."

"Should I stop then, Darl-?"

"No."

She chuckled again and continued. Sherlock clasped her free hand in his and dusted a kiss across her knuckles, trailing heavier ones down her hand to the wrist and then up her arm with some adjustments. Finally he reached her shoulder and then moved over to her lips. They shared a long and passionate kiss once he did.

As they split, Sherlock pulled her on top of him for another. He draped his arms over her back and Adelaide supported herself with her arms, melting into another round of shorter but no less heated kisses.

Adelaide lifted up a little after a while, folding her arms over his chest and resting her chin atop them. She gazed down at him, sighing, "So handsome..."

Sherlock smiled and mimicked her tone, "So beautiful..." She blushed and he leaned up, lightly brushing noses with her in an Eskimo kiss. This elicited a giggle from her as she returned the sweet gesture.

They stayed like that for a long while, cuddling and kissing to their hearts' content. Until the sun started to glow amber and descend. Then they got up and folded the blanket, heading back inside to clean up. They had planned to explore more of Bath and had made reservations for dinner at one of the best restaurants in the Roman tiered city.

After some more playful exchanges, they ended up sharing the shower before getting dressed. A purple dress shirt and typical black suit for him, and a royal blue dress with simple black heels for her. As she pulled back her hair in a ponytail and did her makeup, Sherlock went and started the sleek black two door coupe that they'd rented, pulling it around to the front to pick her up. As she came out of the house and locked up he hopped out to get her door, "Your carriage, Madame."

"Ahh! Merci beaucoup!" She replied and pecked him on the cheek, leaving a glossy red imprint there as she got in and buckled. He chuckled and went back around to the driver's seat. On the way there Adelaide wiped off the lip mark for him, knowing he enjoyed it too much to want to do it himself, "You've never been able to resist those."

"And I will continue to be unable to."

Having seeing more of Bath, they arrived at the restaurant and checked in. The chef was a four star rated Michelin. Adelaide took amusement in the fact that her husband still didn't quite understand the intricacies of such culinary mastery- particularly the lingo. But the food was amazing and even Sherlock couldn't keep up his signature act of "eating slows me down". For one, John's not around for me to antagonize with it.

After their meal, the newlyweds slowly made their way back to the car park. On the way there Adelaide spotted a confectionery and asked if she could go in and peek around. He nodded and dropped her off there. Then he left to get the car after a quick kiss, knowing that she'd end up with a bag of goodies for them to share.

And both were blissfully unaware of the shadows that had followed them.

Stay tuned!! 😘😘