Airport Farewell [A]

A Few Weeks Later- June

I roll out of bed and turn off my alarm. Today is the day I leave for my three week Reptile Trip in Australia. Three weeks away from Sherlock- He'll be okay. The network is in the process of being permanently destroyed, courtesy of Mycroft. And John will still be here. Stop worrying. Plus the Museum is going to give you extra time off for this. Groaning, I persuade myself to get shower and dress.

After that I check and triple check everything in my luggage against my extensive list for packing. Finding everything satisfactory, I lug my suitcase and backpack to the door so they're there when I finally leave.

I'm tucking into a scant breakfast when I hear a knock at the door. Who at this hour..? Ah well...  I trudge to the door, open it, and find my fiancé on the other side, "Good Morning, Sherlock."

"Good Morning, Adelaide," I let him in and he pecks a few kisses over my face, "And before you ask, I came to take you to the airport."

I smile, "You wanted to send me off?"

"Yes, Angel. U-Unless you'd prefer that I don't-"

"Darling, it's very sweet! Thank you!" I hum and kiss him on the lips, "I'm sorry I don't look overly happy, that's just because I'm not fully awake. I'm very glad you want to take me to the Airport and see me off." Sherlock relaxes and returns the kiss.

After a few minutes of that he pulls away, "We should probably get going, We can pick up breakfast along the way."

"Alright, Darl."

After I double check that everything is unplugged and turned off, Sherlock and I head out. He carries my suitcase for me and we put it and my backpack in the trunk of Mycroft's loaned sedan, heading over to the bakery-cafe to get breakfast together. While there, and then on the way to the Airport, he tells me about the cases he had yesterday and I give him a skeleton itinerary for my three weeks in Australia, just enjoying conversation with each other.

The sedan pulls into the car park and we get out, grab my bags, and then Sherlock and I walk slowly across the pedestrian bridge to the airline counters. I hold his hand and he squeezes it as we approach the counter where I need to check my suitcase in, "Angel?"

"Yes?" He doesn't respond so I look up at him, "Sherlock?"

We step to the side and stop so I can come around and face him. He sighs, "Three weeks..?"

"Yes, but it's only three weeks. And then they'll give me the time off so that we can have the time we want for our wedding, recpetion and honeymoon."

"I know, Love."

I peck his cheek, "Let me go check my bag, alright? I'll be right back."

"Very well."

I hurry to the counter and check the suitcase, then dash back, "I need to get going, Darl."

He nods and brings me into a tight hug, nesting his head in my shoulder, "I'll miss you, Adelaide."

"I'll miss you too, Sherlock."

We embrace for couple minutes, swaying a bit, before we let go. He cups my face and leans down for a kiss. It's gentle and yet deep. We savour the moment and I play with his curls before we pull apart. He strokes my cheeks and hair, then lifts my hand and leaves a kiss over the engagement ring, "Travel safely and keep me apprised, Angel."

"I will," I kiss both cheeks and give him one last hug, "I Love You, Sherlock."

"I Love You, Adelaide." It's much harder than I think to finally say goodbye and start walking towards the security checkpoint, waving to Sherlock on my way. I meet up with a few of my colleagues there and when I turn around, I find him still standing where I left him; next to a column. And there he stays until I get through security, where I text him and let him know. His response is short and sweet, entailing that he got called to consult on a case and that he hopes my flights go smoothly.

Once I'm finally in my seat I of course text him one last time before powering it off and stowing it. I sit back and look out of the window with a sigh. This is going to be a long three weeks...

Stay tuned, lovelies!! Also, I just reached 100 Subscribers!! 😆😘 Thank you guys so much!! I'm wanting to do something special for it (not sure yet), so any requests?