Get Up.

I walked back to school again not really caring about what the others were talking about. I learned over time that our school just didn't care about whether or not any of us lived or died or how what they do may end up making us....well....die. I guess it was Chiasa's death that had to teach me that, not that Kazue's aftermath was any different.

Some rejoiced the fact that he was gone because it meant another pest gone. So when Takashiro and Nao were eventually hospitalized for their diseases no one cared still.

And I know very well they didn't because of the 'fundraiser' the school did for their medical bills where the people who did show up were actually just the yearbook or there for publi image and all the money they did earn for the rare people who actually had a soul didn't go to the hospital.

It went to adding vending machines to the school. I guess that's all students deaths are worth huh? I mean not like they actually mattered. That's my assumption at least.

Weird seeing the group so small though. Weird knowing that eventually...more of us will be gone. The fact that...the joy that existed just a few months prior was completly gone. Some leader am I huh? I didn't help anyone.

I sighed, DICE already split up into our own little groups. Maybe the inevitability of us all going to split up eventually was to much. Whether through death...or just how we chose to take what the world gave us after what happened.

I mean we still hanged out when something important happened of course, and occasionally we texted each other in group chat but nothing at school. I guess we weren't strong enough to get over what happened and keep our spirits up no matter happened after all. I...I failed her if I am going to be honest....I sighed and dug into my pocket for the envelope.

I had finally decided to confess my feelings to Saihara after knowing him for so long...not to mention the fact he saved my life! Which....sometimes I have mixed emotions about. Somedays...I even wished he wasn't there. I wished...that I would have died that day. I mean not a lot of good has come out of staying alive since that day....in fact I only experienced either complete happiness or complete despair since that day. There is no in between....still....I hope that maybe if me and Saihara get in a relationship he can help me see what life is worth living for.

I mean it was fate that he saved me right? The world must have had some reason to send him to save me....otherwise....I don't know if I will be able to not try again.

I arrived sort of late to school because I actually wanted to eat for once in my life even if I had to fight my parents off with a piece of toast. I ended up slipping in the piece of paper and crossed my fingers in hope that he would actually show up.

-/-/-

"Ouma?" I turned around to see Saihara there. We were on the same rooftop where Kazue had died and where I had tried the same. I felt my face getting red, don't screw this up, don't screw this up, don't screw this up "I have something I really need to tell you..."

Saihara smiled "I got exciting news to!" Oh my gosh what if it's that he feels the same "ok you can go first..." I said. Saihara had this strange look on his face, he looked...obsessed...even psychopathic "I GOT INTO THE NEXT SEASON OF DANGANRONPA!"

....
...
..
.
No
...
...
...
..
No this can't be happening? Wait....

-Earlier-

Saihara then asked "has anyone heard of danganronpa here?" The group fell silent. No...no please this can't be happening.

"Ouma...? You okay?" I felt lightheaded, I felt like I needed to vomit as I just ran away as fast as I could. I finally fall in love, I finally find happiness and the world had to take it from me again?

I busted through my front door and ran upstairs to my room and grabbed my pocket knife and without even a sense of hesitation began cutting myself. Heh...it really does help....it really does help you forget....

I felt my arm sting more when I realized I was crying and the tears were getting over my sliced up arm. Then almost like I was in a trance I got up and walked into my bathroom and got out some prescription bottles and just dumped as many pills as I could and walked back into my bedroom.

Should I leave a note...? Nah screw it no one's probably even going to care...I sighed getting out a piece of paper still .

I can't believe I am going to do this...I mean....I can't believe this is how it's going to end...I...I loved him for crying out loud...and he sold himself into a killing game...

And I can't stop him....but.... my eyes widened with sudden realization. But I can save him...I could audition myself and try and save him. I mean I know I won't remember anything but maybe I will still be able to know subconsciously? Or at least I can die before him so I can say I at least stalled it...I mean someone like me would die first.

I nodded to myself. And just in case I don't....I then grabbed a pen and wrote a letter to myself on the back of the bandana I used when I made pranks with DICE. There we go...I just hope they don't wash this...

I then bandaged my arm real quick as I headed to the auditon center. And my fate.