Nightmares

Teresa is in the ceiling with a wounded, dying Thomas in her arms, giving out small breaths as he tries to keep himself conscious.

She's lost. She doesn't know what to do. She can't let him die. No, that would destroy her completely.

I've accepted my death, but there's no way I'm accepting his.

She looks around frenetically trying to find a way to escape, while she rubs the boy's head softly but steadily, in an effort to keep him awake.

She suddenly hears a loud roar, and the sound of motor engines approaching them, and that's when she realizes they've coming for them.

Teresa manages to drag Thomas close to the Berg's door, waiting for the right moment to push him up to where Minho and the others are, helping as much as they can.

A loud explosion is heard, and by the corner of her eyes, Teresa sees the building beside them starting to crumble, ready to fall on them.

She's about to throw him to the Berg, when she feels nothing under her feet, only a hand grabbing her wrist and pulling her up.

For some moments, Teresa thinks she's safe, and so is Thomas, since she believes they would go for him too, but her mind goes completely blank when she sees him, falling down, right into imminent death.

Everything starts happening in slow motion for her.

Teresa stares bewildered at the boy who's now falling into the flames. Her best friend since the beginning. Her company. The brown haired boy she has started to develop feelings for, dying right in front of her.

"NO! Thomas... no..." The tears start forming in her eyes, breaking her final glance at him.

And then rage starts taking over her.

She immediately turns to Minho, who's still gripping her wrist. She jerks it away, standing up as they close the Berg's door.

"WHY DID YOU SAVE ME? YOU SHOULD'VE SAVED HIM!" She shouts with the only voice she can manage to scream, her throat aching due to the smoke.

She can't feel anything but the tremendous urge to scream. Scream in grief, scream in rage. But she doesn't. She can't.

The boy she loves and cares the most about in the world, now turned to ashes.

She cries heavily, tears spilling out her eyes, until she hears his voice.

I'm going crazy.

His voice is calling for her name, getting closer as the time passes.

Teresa puts her hands over her ears, trying to stop the voice to break into her.

"Stop! No! You're dead!" She screams, but the voice keeps echoing inside her head, startling her on how vivid it is.

"Teresa!"

And then she opens her eyes widely, sitting with a jolt, breathing heavily.

Teresa is pulled into a tight hug before she can even take in her surroundings.

"Hey... shh... it's okay. I'm right here." Thomas whispers in her ear, trying to calm her down, rubbing her hair in a soothing way.

She closes her eyes tightly, gripping onto his shirt with her hands, so strongly that her knuckles go white.

"It's okay. Calm down... It's okay..." He whispers, sighing in relief. Relief that he was able to drag her out of it.

Teresa's grip on his shirt loosens a bit when she hears his voice again, and she lifts her head up to look at the boy who was supposedly dying right in front of her.

His eyes always calm her down. Those brown, sparkling eyes that now show sadness but also recognition. He has nightmares too.

"It was a bad one, wasn't it?" He aks softly, cleaning her tears with his thumb, caressing them in the process.

Teresa nods, flashes of the dream passing through her head, making her eyes water. She rests her head again on Thomas' chest, hugging his waist as he hugs her back, rubbing it slowly.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Thomas asks when Teresa pulls away, looking intently at his face, still confused on whether he's real or not.

"We were in the rooftop again, but instead of us both surviving, you... you died." Her voice cracks at the end, getting lower as she speaks.

Thomas sighs, a look of sadness on his eyes. He rests his back on the wall, sitting down, and motions for her to sit on his lap.

"Come here." He whispers, taking her into his loving arms.

Teresa rests her right cheek on his chest, as Thomas's arms go around her protectively.

His steady heart beat calms her down, soon making her cries stop as she focuses on it, trying to match her breathing with his.

"It's alright. I'm here with you, and I promise you I'll never leave you. Never." He reassures, pulling the girl closer to him, cleaning her tears, and placing a hand on the side of her head, caressing it.

Teresa smiles softly against his shirt, and before she can say anything else, she falls into a deep, peaceful slumber.