The Writer And The Dedicated Fan

Teresa Agnes is a successful writer. She's at her mid-twenties, and a whole amazing future already awaits for her.

"Okay. You can do this. It's just a signing session and chatting with fans, that's all." She says repeatedly as she tries to calm herself, the weird sensation of anxiety and nervousness tickling in her stomach.

Yes, she's used to be known and get recognized by people in the streets, but she's not used at all to sit on a chair for two hours straight signing her books and communicating with people.

She just gets a bit unsteady.

But, after everything, it's her favorite thing to do.
Weird, right? The thing you love the most doing, being the thing that scares you the most.

"It will all go well." She smiles at the mirror in front of her, fixing her hair and clothes, and goes out to the street towards the library she will be signing books in a few moments.

She enters through a different door, getting overwhelmed by the huge line of people crowding outside the library, and she can feel her heart starting to race, like he always does.

"Good morning, Miss Agnes." An assistant greets with a contagious smile on her face.

"Good morning." Teresa answers as cheerfully as the woman, hiding behind her smile all the nervousness she knows will vanish as soon as she sits on that chair.

"There's a lot of people here, I see." Teresa chuckles, looking behind her to see the big crowd through a one-way glass.

"It surely is! People are really excited to see you and talk to you." Teresa smiles. And I'm happy to talk with them, too. She thinks to herself.

The two women chat a bit as they walk into the closed (for now) library. Teresa sits comfortably on the chair and looks at her sides to the gigantic piles of her most recent thriller, The Darkness Of The Day. (A/N I just made that up okay 😂)

"Are you ready?" Teresa nods happily as the clock hits 10:00 am and the assistant opens the door, giving instructions to the people as they walk in the library.

Soon, Teresa is signing and chatting and her nerves are completely gone, leaving her with the biggest, genuine smile on her face.

"Seriously! I just love your writing so much and your books are so amazing and beautiful and- okay, I need to calm myself down." Teresa chuckles as a young teenage girl gets a bit excited by the meeting.

"It's okay, and thank you so much for your words. I love writing and I'm extremely glad you like what I share with you." Teresa replies softly, watching as the girl's once nervous expression turns into a soft one, the girl calming down considerably.

Teresa writes down a small note, signs and hands the girl the book.

"Oh my God, thank you so much!" The girl replies excitedly, almost squealing as reality kicks in.

"Of course! Have a nice day, sweetie." Teresa says, smiling softly at the girl.

"You too!"

And Teresa continues with the signings for another full hour.

In those milliseconds where people would walk away and another would come, Teresa dreads about the moment this will end. She hates the part where there are still people outside but unfortunately there's no time left and they will have to sadly leave. That just breaks her heart into tiny pieces.

Because she was once just a fan. And she knows the feeling of thinking about meeting her favourite writer, getting there and not meeting them at the end. She knows how it feels and it's devastating.