Pick Up Lines

This one shot takes place in real life (no Experiments or Trials 😊) and I can say it's my favorite so far 😂

The cold air outside her room's walls make her feel even more comfortable, as she is snuggled up on her favorite blankets.

Teresa decided to go to sleep early, trying to stay warm on her comfy bed.

It's been a rough week at school for her, and while most of the teens from her age hang out and party and binge drink on a Saturday night, Teresa just likes to stay at home and cuddle with her blankets.

She finally closes her eyes, sighing softly before falling into a deep slumber.

A loud, annoying sound rings on her ears, startling her and waking her up from her peaceful sleep.

She lets out a frustrated breath, picking up the phone from her bedside table.

Despite being 2 in the morning and her mind telling her to lay down and close her eyes again, she can't feel a bit mad over the soft voice speaking from the other side of the line.

"Hey beautiful." The boy greets in a playful voice, in an effort to keep himself from laughing.

"Tom, it's two in the freaking morning, did you really have to wake me up?" Teresa retorts, trying hard to maintain a serious tone, but a small chuckle escapes her mouth in the end.

"See, Ter, I just finished writing my notes from Geology, yet there's something I can't keep off of my head." Thomas replies, and Teresa hears the cracking of his bed, signaling that he's laying down.

"And what is it?" Teresa asks with a sleepy voice, hearing the rain outside her windows.

"Are you a volcano?" He suddenly asks, taking Teresa aback by his question.

Why would he ask her such a question at that time of the night?

"What?" It's the only thing Teresa can manage to say after that weird question from her boyfriend. "Why are you asking that?"

There's a small silence before Thomas starts chuckling silently to himself.

"Because I lava you!" He excitedly says, and then Teresa's ears are filled with Thomas' loud, heartedly felt laugh.

She sometimes wonders how in the world she fell in love with this dummy, but the truth is that she did, and she loves him deeply now, falling in love with him every passing day.

She can't help but laugh as well, Thomas' laugh being so contagious for her.

"Tom, go to sleep." Teresa jokes, laying on her back, looking at the ceiling with a wide smile on her face.

"I will, but you gotta admit, that was awesome!" The boy gives in to another round of chuckles, before they die down to small huffs of breaths.

"So you just called me to tell me that you lava me?" Teresa asks playfully, her smile pretty noticeable on her voice.

"Yup. I lava you a lot." Thomas replies, giggling softly on his phone.

Even if they're totally on play mode, Teresa can't help but blush a bit at the boy's sweetness.

"Guess what."

"What?" The boy does as she asked, smiling softly.

"I lava you too."

She hears Thomas giggling a bit before they stay silent in a comfortable silence for some seconds, enjoying each other's 'presence'.

"Well, I'm gonna let you sleep now." Thomas says, his voice getting sleepy and deeper.

"Hmm hmm... and you have to sleep as well." Teresa replies, yawning on the phone. "Goodnight Tom."

"Goodnight Teresa." He replies, and after a round of "You hang up" and "No, you hang up", the two crash on their beds again, smiling softly before their minds travel to a deep sleep full of good dreams.

A/N

That's it! I don't know why but I liked this One Shot a loooot 😂
Until next shot!