Best Friends' Fights

Okay this happens in real life (idk how to say this isn't in the Maze Runner story line without being like this 😂) and they're around 8/9 years old.

Hope you like it!

(Ps: I don't hate Brenda, okay I just couldn't make up a name)

---------

They're on a bus trip to the park a few kilometers away from their school, having fun and playing on their PSP's (a/n I hope I'm not the only one here who played on this console when little 😂) while they wait to arrive school.

Thomas and Teresa sit together, with Brenda and other kid named Minho in front of them, who are playing enthusiastically the gaming console, while the two look out the window in silence, watching the raindrops hitting the bus' windows.

"I can ask Brenda to borrow it for a bit." Teresa turns to Thomas, and the boy she has a crush on, and knows has a crush on her too, nods with a smile on his face at the suggestion.

Teresa smiles and touches Brenda on the shoulder, who turns around a bit to hear what her best friend has to say.

"Hey, Bren, can we play a little bit? You've been playing all trip and we wanted to, too."

"Sorry, Ter, I'm finishing up a level and I can't give it to you now. Wait a few minutes, okay? I'll give it to you, I promise." Brenda replies, returning to her previous position with the console still on her hands, giggling with Minho as well.

Thomas huffs in response, resting his head on his hand, turning to look at Teresa.

"Seriously, is it that hard for her to just give it to us for a minute!?" Thomas protests whispering, and Teresa tries hard not to laugh at his frustrated expression.

"She'll let us play, you'll see. She promised after all."

And with this, the two look out the window once again, occasionally sighing out of boredom.

After some minutes, the two hear Brenda cheering and throwing her arms in the air, and that's when they know she had cleared the level.

"Brenda? Can you let us play now? We're almost at school so it won't take you much time." Teresa says, touching her on the shoulder to catch her attention. Brenda, in the other hand, keeps playing, ignoring her best friend by talking to Minho instead.

"Brenda?" Teresa repeats, and when Thomas looks at her with his sad face, she knows Brenda won't let them play.

It's something childish, stupid maybe. But a promise is a promise. And even though Thomas and Teresa are still young, they know pretty well the meaning of promising something. Perhaps, they are bored, and kids getting bored is something everyone dislikes. Specialy them.

"Brenda, are you listening to me?" Teresa repeats, but Thomas turns to her.

"Ter, just forget it. She won't give it away anyway. And we already arrived so..." Teresa looks out the window, seeing her school as the bus comes to a stop.

"Alright, kids, unbuckle your seatbelts and let's leave in order, alright? Be careful with the stairs, please." The teacher announces, and the class does as they're told.

Teresa walks away from Brenda, murmuring a "Thank you" out of irony as she does so, making sure she hears it. Thomas follows behind her, giving Brenda a disappointed stare.

As they enter the canteen, where they're supposed to wait for their parents to pick them up, they all sit on the same table: Thomas, Brenda, Newt, Minho and Teresa.