About Time

Everyone knew there was something going on between the two of them, but it seemed like they were the ones who hadn't noticed it yet.

Newt was the first one to notice.

Right after Teresa came up in the Box, almost every Glader knew that something was up between the two, specially after the seemingly unconscious girl called out for his name without even being fully awake.

But it wasn't at that time that Newt felt something connecting Thomas and Teresa. It was some moments later, when she was laying down on some handmade bed in the Med Shack, still out of this world.

"Do you recognize her?" Newt's voice was hesitant, his brain studying precisely the worried look that formed on Thomas' face as he watched her limp body on the mattress.

"No." He answers bluntly.

"Really? Because she seemed to recognize you."

Newt doesn't press much more into the matter when Thomad doesn't respond, the look of pure confusion, yet preoccupation in Thomas' face being enough for him to understand that the boy was indeed concerned about the girl.

As to his answer, Newt wasn't that much sure, the most powerful reason being Teresa only calling for his name when there were plenty of boys there as well, proving that she must know him somehow, and the other being Thomas also holding that expression that showed that he might still know her too.

Newt didn't exactly understood what his thoughts were about his friend and the girl, but he knew something was there. It being only pure friendship or just something more.

But he was sure of one thing. Something was going on between them, and that whatever it was, he would help his friend whenever he would need to, because that caring look on his face isn't directed to just friends.

Newt was the first to see it, yet the two still didn't have a clue.

****

Next was Minho.

Minho should have been the first to realize that there was indeed something going on between Thomas and Teresa, but Newt got there before him.

The boy had his suspicions since that day in the Glade, but he got all the answers he needed when they had just gotten Thomas and Brenda out of the Crank Club, and he was just waking up from the unknown liquid given to them.

He watched as Teresa never left his side since they had laid him and Brenda down on the mattress and couch respectively, caressing his hair ever so often in reassurance, occasionally shushing "it's okay" in his ear.

Of course Minho knew it was normal to be worried about your friend, but he was too and he knew that it wasn't just a simple friend reaction Teresa was having. There was something more, something different she put into her gestures that showed him just that.

He had seen it before, right after rescuing Teresa from the medical wing back at WICKED.

He saw just how worried and frustrated Thomas was over Teresa being held there, specially after realizing they were the bad guys. He watched as Thomas woke her up with care and gentleness, that connection between them being as strong as it had ever been.

Minho had noticed it as well, yet the two still didn't have a clue.

****

Then Frypan.

He had noticed when they were all being escorted by WICKED, Janson standing in front of the dozen people while Teresa stood next to Ava Paige.

Even if Thomas was facing his back to him, Frypan could hear by the tone of his voice that he was broken.

After rounds of asking what the girl was doing next to the ones who want them as lab rats, Thomas had answered with simple, yet painful words.

"She's with them."

Frypan could hear the hurt on his voice, and by the looks of it, the two were eyeing each other intensely, speaking way much more through their eyes than their mouths.

Frypan almost felt their connection breaking right at that moment, but he didn't, realizing that even after moments of hurt and madness and rage, the two still managed to leave that all behind and speak for themselves, not needing too much to express their feelings to the other.

Frypan realized that as well, yet the two still didn't have a clue.

****

The last one was Gally.

Yes, even having hated Thomas for almost everytime since the boy had come up in the Box, he wasn't oblivious to the feelings around him.

He had managed to understand those feelings when he had broken into WICKED along with Thomas and Newt, completely aware of his plan and what it would cause in Thomas.

"I thought you said you had a way in."

"I might."

"You might?What the hell you mean might?"

"I said I had a way in, I didn't say you were gonna like it."

Gally saw the look on Thomas' face when he looked through the telescope, obviously seeing Teresa in the main building, working carefully in the labs.

He knew just how much he was going to risk by having Thomas cooperating with Teresa. They could fight, shout, yell terrible things at each other, ending up devastated and the plan would go to waste.

But he also had the certainty that that would never, ever happen. Because he knew that they still felt something towards each other, and that no matter how mad, how frustrated they would be, they would never do that to each other, because after everything that he and his friends had witnessed during the long journey, it wasn't just friendship. It couldn't be.

And when they finally reach Safe Haven, everyone happy they survived until the end, they can't help but gossip about just that, because after everything that happened, they didn't just like each other, they loved each other.

So when the two leave the Med Shack right before the Memorial Ceremony, hand in hand and a loving stare towards each other, with Thomas slowly lowering down to give a gentle kiss on Teresa's soft lips, the group can't help but jump from the bush they were hiding in, yelling at the top of their lungs:

"It's about time!"

A/N

Hiii! So I decided to write a happy one because I'm in a good mood today 😂

I also missed writing so I had this little idea and I decided to write.

I don't know if you guys like it, but I enjoy writing their pov's over scenes from the movies (or books, but I've read them over a year ago and I don't remember much details; movies are easier) so if you like it too and want to request one just tell me and I'll see what I can do 😊

Hope you enjoyed and love you! ❤

P.S: omg I just saw this gif of Thomesa kiss in Scorch Trials backwards and I guess I just died and went to heaven cuz this is  PERFECTION

S: omg I just saw this gif of Thomesa kiss in Scorch Trials backwards and I guess I just died and went to heaven cuz this is  PERFECTION

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Byeeeee