They Grow Up So Fast

You can totally consider Thomas as a heavy sleeper. The world could collapse, and he still wouldn't wake up, for sure. But when his little baby girl lets out a small whimper, his eyes shoot wide open.

He looks to his side to find a sleeping, peaceful Teresa and he smiles, thankful that he was the one waking up and not her, since she needs to rest after countless nights of resting for about three hours. Sure he's also tired, and one of the things he wants is to sleep, but Teresa is the one feeding their child, after all.

He smiles at the sight, getting up from the bed and rubbing his eyes to try to at least rub away his sleepiness.

Thomas walks into the baby room in less than a minute, immediately picking the little baby from the crib into his arms, who stops crying gradually at the touch.

He looks over to the watch hanging on the wall and confirms that it's been only an hour since the baby girl ate, so maybe she woke up and wanted a little bit of attention.

"Hey there, little girl." Thomas whispers in a low tone, smiling when the baby wraps her tiny hand around his index finger, looking intently at her father, the tears that seemed to fall from her eyes now gone.

"I'm glad you're not hungry, mommy needs to rest so she can be strong to feed you." He says some more senseless things, completely aware that the little human wrapped in pink blankets in his arms probably doesn't understand a thing he's saying, but he loves to do it anyway. So he does.

He stays like that for some time he can't exactly precise, and eventually the baby falls asleep, sighing or smiling occasionally for reasons unknown to Thomas. He likes to think she's dreaming of good things and that's why she smiles. He can't help but smile as well.

"You need to rest, too." A soft voice comes from the door and Thomas turns away carefully and slowly, his face still holding the smile his daughter created in him.

"You need to rest more than me. I didn't meant to wake you." He turns around when Teresa walks towards them, smiling softly at the sight of the two loves of her life so at peace.

"You didn't. I guess mother instincts does that to a person." They chuckle and Thomas presses a small kiss to her forehead when she leans into the shoulder opposite to where their daughter is laying her head.

"Is everything alright?" Teresa wraps an arm around Thomas' waist, the other holding the little girls' hand, who let out a small sigh once she felt her mother's touch. They smile at the sight.

"Yeah, she just woke up. I woke up with her and wanted to let you sleep while you could but you obviously didn't collaborate with that." He looked down at her, his face soft despite his frustration over her not sleeping when she should.

"Tom, it's okay. I feel alright and I've told you to sleep as well and you don't, so we're even." Teresa finishes, the fact that Thomas probably needs to rest more than her bugging her mind to the point of frustration, just like him. But they're both stubborn, there's nothing they can do about it.

They spend some time just looking at their daughter, sound asleep, her mouth slightly open with her hands cupped in Teresa's.

People say they grow up so fast to our eyes, that Thomas and Teresa are right in one thing. Besides worrying about normal things about babies: hours to eat, diapers and terrible cramps, whenever their little girl is asleep, they enjoy just watching her, how she sounds and looks so peaceful and calm.

They take everything in because they know that when they realize it, she'll be running around the house playing with her cousins (Minho's son, who's now two years old, and Newt's daughter, who's currently three).

"I wish she could stay like this forever." Thomas chuckles lightly at his wife's statement. He looks down at her, kissing her cheek softly before placing their daughter in the crib, covering her with the blankets.

Teresa rests her head on his shoulder once he comes close, and he wraps an arm around her waist, pulling her close to him so her arms embrace him sideways.

"She's perfect." Teresa whispers as she notices how the little girl got everything good from her parents. She seems calm, curious, at least that's what they think besides the fact she's only three months old. She has Chestnut hair and bright, blue eyes, and somehow whenever she smiles, small dimples can be seen, which only adds to the cuteness of the girl.

Thomas looks down the same time Teresa looks up, and the two share a meaningful kiss, their eyes closed and their smiles pretty evident through all of it.

"Just like you." Thomas whispers once they pull away, pulling Teresa close to him once again as they stand there, in the middle of the room of the result of their undying love for each other.

A/N

Helloooo guys!

Sorry for not updating too much lately but school has been crazy and all so I haven't had much time to write...

But still, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it 😄

Love you! ❤