Big Girls Don't Cry

A/N

Helloooo everyone, hope you have an amazing December and it's unbelievable how we're so close to 2019 now 🤔😂

Started listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie a few days ago (the nostalgia though) and got inspired to write this one shot 😉

Prepare for da feelzz 😁

____________________

I need some shelter of my own protection, baby

To be with myself and center
Clarity, peace, serenity

"Hey," she heard his movements even before his voice came out. "Are you okay? What are you doing up here?"

She was still looking at the horizon in front of her when the brown haired boy spoke, stopping her train of thoughts.

"Just thinking."

Teresa's mind had been racing all day, non-stop until she couldn't handle it anymore and decided to be alone for some needed moments.

The group managed to stick together and be close to each other throughout the whole journey, and the fact that those disturbing and tragic images of her mother's last moments was something that she couldn't simply ignore she needed time to think.

"I'll let you be alone."

The doubt and hesitation were pretty evident on his voice, and it only showed his wanting to stay with her, understand what was wrong, because of course there was something going on with Teresa.

He was almost mid way when she turned around.

It was something uneasy, weird even, the feelings she understood she felt whenever she was around him. The need of him to just be close to her, not talking if he didn't want to, but provide comfort in the way only Thomas can. She needed it badly.

"Do you remember your mother?"

Brims of tears were starting to form on her beautiful, bright blue eyes, but there was no way she would let them fall. Not in front of Thomas.

Of course they knew each other like no other, and Teresa wouldn't think twice before telling Thomas everything that had been bugging her all day, but giving in her weakest, most vulnerable part wasn't something she liked to do.

"Uhm... I think so."

"I remember mine."

She tried. She tried so hard. But the tears seemed fall anyway.

I hope you know, I hope you know
That this has nothing to do with you

"Please, don't fight them, Thomas."

They were broken.

There was nothing else she could do at that moment than to try to make Thomas understand her reasons.

She, never in a million years, would've thought so many things would happen in one single night.

She knew it was risky, and she could lose every friend, every person important to her in just a few words, but that wouldn't stop her. It couldn't.

Maybe it was her memories making up her mind, or maybe it was just her, but one thing she knew for sure: Thomas wouldn't support that one bit.

It was hard. Both would deny it but deep down they knew it was inevitable. The two had a connection that never went unnoticed by others, and fortunately neither did for them. So they were very much aware of their situation at that moment.