A Different Day

AU story! 😀 I think it's fluffy so yeah, hope you enjoy it 😀

"Next stop: New York City."

Teresa picks up her pace as she hears the seemingly robotic voice stating her subway has just arrived, and she's still only midway the station.

She runs the fastest she can, which is kinda difficult as she just broke an ankle a couple of weeks ago, and is still not fully recovered.

She takes a deep, almost breathless breath and finally steps into the subway as the doors close behind her with a thump.

That was close! She huffs as she tries to regain her breath.

Once her lungs have enough oxygen for her to relax, she feels the soothing movement of the subway as it picks up speed.

Teresa lifts slightly her left foot as an excruciating pain stings her ankle, and she flinches a bit, but not enough for anyone to notice, since the vehicle is full.

But what she doesn't know or had the time to notice, is that there is actually someone looking intently at her.

"Are you okay?" Teresa hears a soft, but strong voice filling her ears, but she doesn't look up. She's focused on controlling her pain.

"Yeah, yeah... I'm fine, thank you." She inhales deeply, closing her eyes and finally sighing in relief as the pain goes away slowly.

"Here." She finally lifts her head up as that same voice fills her ears once again. "You can take the seat."

She looks up at a boy, looking like the same age as her, with brown, soft eyes and a cute smile staring at her.

He's wearing a plain, blue T-Shirt and some black shorts. His hair is resting on his forehead as his moles scatter around his cheeks.

"Oh... no, it's okay, really, I'm fine." Teresa replies quickly, trying to convince the boy she's okay. Which is partially true. "But thank you."

"Come on, I can tell you're in pain. Just take a seat." The same boy insists, standing up from where he sat for her to sit down, and Teresa knows she'll have to take the boy's offering. She needs to rest her feet as soon as she can.

Teresa nods thankfully and gives the boy a small smile, receiving a cheek-to-cheek one in response, and she softly turns her eyes away from him, such a cute sight making something inside of her turn.

"So, what happened with you?" The boy now standing in front of her asks, holding himself at her seat with his hand as the subway moves.

"Broke my ankle about two weeks ago." Teresa replies chuckling, the reason why it happened playing inside her head. "It hasn't healed completely yet."

"I understand." He gives out a small chuckle. "I'm Thomas by the way." The boy Teresa now knows is called Thomas extends his hand in front of her, with a small grin on his lips.

Teresa takes it immediately, smiling as well. "Teresa."

Their small conversation is interrupted when the subway's doors open and people start leaving the vehicle for work, probably.

"Well, I gotta go now, but it was my pleasure meeting you, Teresa." The brunette says, nodding his head softly.

"It was nice meeting you too, Thomas."

"Get well soon." The boy flashes a smile before walking to the door.

"Thank you." And Teresa watches as the boy leaves the subway, and she's left with a stupid, yet beautiful smile on her lips.