Love Hurts

This one shot takes place in the safe haven, but Newt and Teresa are alive (what we deserved 😭)
Hope you enjoy as much as I enjoyed writing it 💖
(Prepare for the feeeelzz) 😂

It's been around three weeks since the Gladers had reached the Safe Haven. Every week they would throw festivities to remember their loved ones who couldn't make it to the place  they're now, the ones who disappeared too soon.

It would also bond them together, the groups talking with each other and enjoying everyone's presence. Just not for Teresa.

Teresa is sitting on the couch on her small, but comfy cabin, staring blankly at the window placed on the wooden, strong wall a few meters away from her.

She's glad all of her friends are safe and they actually made it to a better place to live, yet she can't help but feel a bit empty.

Everyone still is and acts reluctantly around her, which she completely understands, given to what she did to them a few months ago.

But still, she just did what she thought was the best, and right now, she just needs to talk to someone, let everything out. But she has no one.

Minho and the others try their best not to talk to her. Not completely ignoring her, but close to.

She feels like the girls still don't trust her, only speaking to her occasionally and leaving afterwards.

And Thomas... Thomas, out of everyone else, is the one who's defenitely been acting the weirdest, walking away when she walks in the same room as him.

Newt is really the only person she feels she has a friend in. He tells her every day how she saved his life, and the lives of so many more people, but she only nods, not feeling superior in any way.

She seems to be too deep into her own thoughts to hear the knocking sound coming from her front bamboo door.

She snaps out of it when the sound gets louder, walking to the door and opening it slightly.

Teresa almost feels her heart stop when she sees the person in front of her. It could have been anyone, but still, this brown haired boy was the one in front of her.

She opens the rest of the door, looking up at him.

"Hey, Teresa." He greets, his voice low. "Can I come in?"

The boy enters the room as Teresa, unknowingly to her conscious mind, moves a bit for him to get in.

Tons of questions invade her mind, making her feel enraged and sad to why he left her this whole time.

She might be ignored by everyone in the Safe Haven, but being ignored by her best friend, the person she would give her life for if she had to, it's what hurts her the most.

"What are you doing here?" She doesn't question it in an angry tone, more like a monotone one, the one you should be scared of. Especially coming from Teresa.

"I just... had to see you." Thomas replies softly, bringing his hand up to his neck.

Teresa can feel her body heat up with frustration and sadness. She tries to control her urge to yell at everything.

"You had to see me?" She repeats, letting a small chuckle of disbelief escape her mouth. "You had to see me, Thomas." Her voice is incredibly calm, but inside, she's boiling.

"Yeah, I had to see you." Thomas states, his voice getting a bit annoyed due to her reaction. But he knows he can't blame her. He's the one who screw it up in the end.