Birthday Present

"Daddy, what are you doing?" The little girl asks, her small, teeth full mouth turning into a curious smile as she looks up at her father.

Thomas picks her up, sitting her in the bathroom's balcony, in front of him.

"I'm going to surprise mommy." He replies grinning, planting a sweet kiss on her four year old daughter's cheek.

Thomas starts by cutting his long beard with a scissor, it being too long to be simply shaved. He decided to grow a beard when little Shai was born, promising himself that he would only shave it again in an important occasion.
Today is the perfect occasion.

"And what are you going to surprise mommy with?" The toddler asks once again, making Thomas chuckle with her obviously showing curiosity.

"I'm going to shave my beard. Mommy has been asking me to do that for a long time now, so I'm doing it today." Thomas answers, proceeding to massaging his face with the shaving cream.

"Because it's mommy's Birthday?" Shai asks, stretching her back a bit.

"Because it's mommy's Birthday." Thomas nods, poking his little girl's nose, making her giggle as he does so.

Teresa is still at work by the time Thomas finishes shaving his face, with Shai giving him confused expressions as she didn't recognize him for some moments.

"So, what do you think?" Thomas asks as he picks Shai up from the balcony, taking her into his arms.

The girl looks at his face intently, running her small hand on his cheeks.

"Hmm... I love it!" Her face turns into a big smile, her small, perfect teeth showing.

Thomas grins at his little girl, giving her a small kiss on the nose, causing her to place her hands on her nose afterwards.

"What about we make some cookies?" Thomas asks, heading towards the kitchen with Shai in his arms.

"Yes!!!" The girl excitedly says, throwing her arms in the air as Thomas places her on the ground and she runs towards the kitchen, with her dad following.

After about two hours of giggling, tickling, and poking flour on each other's noses, the cookies are finally done.

The two sit on the couch, flavoring their work, when they hear some keys unlocking the front door.

They look immediately at each other, their eyes wide as if they're surprised, and rush to the door, Shai running in front, leaving her father to himself.

The door opens and Teresa is engulfed by small, tiny arms going around her neck, and she doesn't hesitate on embracing the small body back, moving softly sideways.

"Happy Biryhday, Mommy!" Shai tells her in an happy voice, making Teresa smile wide.

"Thank you, baby girl." She plants a soft kiss on Shai's chubby cheek, and places her on the ground, finally closing the door after fully entering the house.

"Daddy and I made cookies! You want some?" She runs towards the small table in front of the couch, taking with her baby hands a cookie, and rushing to give it to her mother.

"Hmm... they're delicious!" Teresa comments as she takes a bite of the chocolate ships on the cookie, earning a cute giggle from her daughter.

"And where's daddy?" Teresa asks, taking her coat off and hanging it on the hanger beside the door.

The girl only shrugs before running upstairs to what Teresa guesses as her room.

Teresa shrugs as well, even though no one is there with her, and starts looking out for her husband.

She's sure he's home. He wouldn't let Shai stay home alone in any circumstances, so she just looks for him throughout the house.

"Tom?" She asks, stepping on their bedroom.

She sees petals of roses spread across the floor, and a small bouquet laying on their bed, but no sign of Thomas. She furrows her eyebrows, confused yet curious about the whole situation.

A boy steps out of their bathroom on their room, and Teresa's chin falls at the sight.

Thomas, her Tom, just got his beard shaved.

She watches as Thomas walks towards her grinning, her reaction not surprising him at all.

"Happy Birthday, sweetheart." He speaks, placing his arms around her back and pulling her in for a tight hug.

Teresa finally closes her mouth, embracing the boy tightly as well.

After years of begging for him to cut his beard, he finally did it! It's probably a dumb thing to ask for, but Teresa kinda missed his teenage look where he didn't have any beard at all.

"You did it..." Teresa whispers, even though she's chuckling lightly.

"Well, I thought it would be a good surprise for you."

"It definitely is. I can kiss you without it tickling anymore." Teresa jokes, pulling away to look at the moles on his cheeks that she missed so much.

"You can try to see if it doesn't." Thomas smirks and wiggles his eyebrows, causing Teresa to scold him with a soft slap on his shoulder.

The two laugh quietly, with Teresa rubbing his baby cheeks with her thumbs.

And then they lean in, joining their lips together as one, smiling as they do so.

They hadn't still have the opportunity to be together today, since Teresa had to leave for work too early, only giving them time for a small peck on the lips and a quick goodbye, so this is their real time together today.

They pull away at the same time, the two smiling softly at each other.

"Yup. It doesn't tickle anymore." Teresa concludes, chuckling lightly as Thomas hugs her once again.

A/N

I don't exactly know what this is but I just thought this would be cute so here it is 😂

I named their daughter after the little girl who died in TDC. I don't really remember any other female friend close to them dying, so I decided to put the girl's name, or the nickname.

Also, I CANNOT BELIEVE this story is at second place in Thomesa stories... guys, that's A LOT for me! Thank you so much for everything and this just makes me so happy that I just AGHHH 😂

Hope you like it and thank you for all support!

Love you! ❤