Restless Night

Just a hyper mega fluffy one because we all need some cuteness in our lives 😂

_____________

It's been almost two hours and Teresa hasn't slept a single bit. Maybe it is the rain pouring outside the windows waking her up everytime she manages to fall asleep, or maybe is the snoring husband sleeping just beside her.

Teresa believes more in the second one.

She turns on her left side, her back facing the sleepy boy who's laying on his back, his mouth slightly parted, letting out huffs of breaths that don't seem to let Teresa sleep.

Another few minutes pass, and after several (failed) attempts to fall asleep she gives up, turning to face Thomas and shake his shoulder softly but steadily.

"Tom? Tom, wake up...!" Teresa whispers, but gets no response from him, his breathing still loud.

"Thomas? Turn around..." she tries once again, and finally receives a small grunt as response.

"Tom?"

"What?" Teresa almost squeals in joy when she hears that her husband has finally woken up.

"Turn around, you're snoring a lot and I can't sleep."

Thomas groans once again and turns on his side, slumping on the bed almost causing Teresa to jump.

She lets out a small but deep breath, tugging a smile on her lips as she finally realizes she can sleep without getting interrupted anymore.

Teresa closes her eyes, feeling the weight of tiredness pulling her into the unconsciousness of sleep, when she hears Thomas snore once again.

"Oh, you've gotta be kidding me..."

Teresa turns around again, facing the back of her first and only love.

"My God!" Teresa lets out a sigh of frustration, crossing her arms on her chest and accepting the fact that she just won't sleep tonight.

They usually go to bed at the same time, and Teresa falls asleep almost immediately, which unfortunately for her didn't happen this night, as Thomas went to bed before her, absentmindedly causing every situation they're in now.

"Tom, come on, I'm trying to sleep!" She pokes his back, and gets slightly surprised when she hears him giggling softly, turning around partly to look at her with a goofy smile on his face.

"Thomas, what the hell!" She exclaims, and Thomas can't hold it anymore and gives in to a fit of laughter.

Teresa can't help but smile a bit, but not showing it easily.

"Are you serious? You were awake this whole time?" She asks when Thomas turns around, his laughter now slowed down.

"Not the whole time." He admits. "Only after you called me first."

"You know what?" Teresa faces Thomas, so they are looking at each other. "From now on, you're sleeping on the couch."

Thomas' eyes open wide, and he backs away slightly, a fake hurt expression on his face.

"What? Why me?" He asks, a small smirk on his face.

"Because you're the one who snores, not me!" Teresa states as if it is the most obvious thing in the world.

Thomas can't help but chuckle at her frustrated expression.

He scoops closer, embracing Teresa from behind as she turns around, resting his chin on the top of her head.

"You wouldn't make it without me for one night." Thomas says playfully, wrapping his arm around Teresa's stomach.

"And who told you that?"

"I just know." He answers, smiling against her dark, long hair.

They stay in silence for some seconds, and Teresa fears that he's fallen asleep once again and she won't be able to sleep anymore.

"Tom?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you, you know that, don't you?" Teresa asks while smiling softly, playing with her husband's hands, intertwining them together some moments later.

The two make sure they say those words to each other every day. It being when it just rolls out of their mouths, or when they go to bed and feel the need to tell each other that.

It's something they got used to do, since their lives weren't pretty easy, and they had to deal with danger every day.

Now it's different, of course, but they like to keep their little moment and they love it as well.

"Hmm... I don't know, do you?" Thomas asks jokingly as Teresa partially turns around on his arms to give him a playfully smile before turning around again.

"I do. I do love you."

"Even when I snore?"

Teresa lets out a small chuckle, smiling at the boy's question.

"Even when you snore." Teresa sighs softly as she remembers how terrible her nights are when she's awaken by that sound. But who cares? She loves him with everything she has.

"Guess what?" Thomas inquires, smiling as well. "I love you, too." He places a small kiss on the top of her head, and Teresa immediately closes her eyes, feeling peaceful and calm.

"Goodnight, Tom."

"Goodnight, Teresa."

And, after that, the two fall asleep at the same time, their heartbeats beating as a single one and their hands intertwined together for as long as they keep their eyes closed.

__________

A/N

Hope you enjoyed!

Love you! ❤