Bully - Clint Barton/ Hawkeye

Words:1479
Warnings: peer pressure, bullying and cursing
Type:??

High school AU

You were known as one of the most bubbly people ever. So much had happened to you that you've learned to try and turn things into a positive. After a while you seemed to put on a facade, you were able to pretend to be the person you'd always wanted to be and eventually you didn't have to pretend. You wore your makeup because you thought putting it on was really fun and you loved the transformation. You wore clothes that you thought looked cool, you kept your hair down because you liked how wavy it was and you never cared what anybody thought of your style because your friends always told you it were cool. Your friends being Clint and Natasha. Most people liked you because you tried to always be happy and you always tried to be nice.

Clint wanted to be accepted. That's it. He spent a lot of time hanging out with you and Nat but you were not the popular group. You thought you were best friends with him but Clint had always wanted to be popular. When Chase, the most popular guy in school started to hang out with Clint he drifted away from your group but you still trusted him with your life. Let's just say that you were not Chase's favourite person. He really enjoyed to make fun of you but normally you'd just ignore it. However today was different. Why? Because Clint helped out. You were talking to Nat enthusiastically about your favourite movie before being interrupted by a certain popular group and there new friend.

"How about you just shut your mouth l/n" Chase spoke harshly before nudging Clint.

"Yeah loser! Don't you know that no one has ever cared about what you say!" Clint fired at you. The sinking feeling of guilt being covered up by mock acceptance. Chase laughed.

"Ouch that was harsh Clint! Keep going!" Chase encouraged. You began to feel sick. Nat was to shocked to speak. The lump in your throat grew bigger as you believed every word that Clint said.

"Damn, here's a tip! The make up you wear isn't enough to cover up your ugly so what's the point in piling so much on! Why'd you wear that tight t-shirt when you don't have the figure for it? How about you actually try washing your hair for once?!" Clint kept firing insults at you, knowing it was wrong but seeing the smiling faces on the people he's always wanted to be around seemed to help him keep going. Tears filled your eyes but you tried not to make them slip.

"Clint! What the fuck!" Natasha said, finally finding the words. They were full of shock and utter disappointment which made Clint's smirk falter. He saw the tears well up in your eyes but he couldn't drop the act now. Not whilst his peers were laughing with him instead of at him. Nat grabbed your arm and dragged you away from your frozen spot just as the last bell went.

"Are you okay?" She asked sadly. You sent her a fake small smile.

"Yeah of course. Can we not talk about it?" You asked with a shaky voice. She nodded as you both went your separate ways to walk home.

———- time skip brought to you by Pietro pranking Clint——————————————

The next day the whole school was buzzing with details of what Clint said to you. One of Chase's friends filmed the whole ordeal and sent it to everyone. When Clint walked into school with Chase, late as always, he expected to be greeted with laughs and smiles but instead people just glared. He walked up to his lab partner, Pietro.

"Dude, what is up with everyone?" Clint asked him confused.

"You really are an asshole, Clint." Pietro said with a shake of his head, looking at his phone before shoving it in Clint's face; playing the video of him yelling insults at you.

"What? She's not gonna care!" Clint shot back. The hallway silenced as you came around the corner. Even Chase felt bad now.

You walked slowly down the hallway, eyes glued to your feet. You looked nothing like your normal self. The only thing normal was your black skinny jeans because you didn't have anything else. That played on your mind, thinking that you should have changed those too. You wore a oversized baggy grey jumper that went half way down your thighs and the sleeves went far past your hands. The tag inside read property of Tony Stark. Tony and you were science partners and he was like your brother so you begged him to lend it to you, you sent Tony a small smile as you walked past him. Your hair was up in a bun with a few messy strands hanging down at the front. Your face had no make up on it, leaving out your freckles that cross your nose and you wore your old Harry Potter style glasses perched on your nose (if you don't have freckles or glasses leave that out). After looking at Tony your eyes darted back down to your black worn out stan smiths that were in place of your new black boots that everyone heard you telling Natasha about and heard you say you were going to wear them all week. Clint's eyes almost fell out of him head. She's so beautiful he thought.

The stares burned into yours and Clint's skull as you approached Nat at your locker. The silence consuming. Nat usually complimented your outfit as she knew you could always do with a confidence boost and you always returned the favour. Today was no different.

"Cute glasses! They make you look so pretty!" Natasha said truthfully, breaking the silence as her words echoed around the room. Everyone was watching your conversation.

"You look flawless as always." You replied quietly and Nat smiled warmly at you. Your eyes flickered up as you saw Pietro take a large step away from Clint. You and Nat walked past all the people sending you small smiles. You looked at Pietro as you passed.

"Good luck at your race today Piet, I'm sure you'll do great." You said trying not to let Clint's words affect your personality as well as your look but everyone saw through you as your voice cracked during your sentence. Clint visibly winced.

"We will be cheering you on." Added Nat, trying to get people's attention off of your voice break.

"Thanks, so N/n, how was that film you were dying to watch? Was it good last night?" Pietro inquired, trying to get you back to your old rambling self.

"I..erm..didn't watch it, I was to caught up in homework" You muttered quickly, "but thanks for asking. See you at the race." Nat took your arm as you both sped-walked to class. Clint followed you both, running to catch up.

"Wait! Y/n!" Clint called to you. Natasha turned round so fast you thought she gave herself whiplash.

"Fuck off Barton." She ordered, standing in front of you protectively.

"Nat, it's okay," you said shakily, putting a hand on Nat's shoulder, "what?" You tugged on the sleeves of the jumper, knowing you shouldn't have wore your normal jeans. You waited for him to say something about them.

"Listen, I'm so so so sorry! I don't know why I said what I did but I know I shouldn't have. You are not a loser, people care what you say, you have the perfect figure for your styles, your makeup is almost as flawless as your natural skin and your hair is so wavy and fluffy. Your even beautiful in this outfit. Your perfect and I love you for it. What I said was-" he rambled profusely, desperate to say everything to take back what he said but you cut him off.

"You what?" You whispered shocked. By this time Nat had gone so you could have some alone time. Clint ran a hand through his hair nervously.

"I love you. I'm so sorry N/n." He said looking into your eyes.

"It's okay." You answered and he immediately pulled you into a hug which you returned. With his head on your shoulder he caught sight of the tag of the jumper and pulled away. He scratched the back of his neck.

"So... you and Stark huh?" He whistled with a nervous laugh. You let out a loud laugh.

"No, no! He's like my brother! Plus I love yo-"

"What?" Clint breathed out. You met his eyes again before he pulled you into a heated kiss. The kiss broke as he looked you up and down. "Your so beautiful." He spoke. You pushed your glasses up your nose and smirked.

"Now I know."