Cheer up - peter parker

Words:1017
Warnings:none

I have no idea how schools are in America and I'm just gonna say that at midtown cheerleaders wear their uniform at school rather than their own clothes. Sorry if this isn't accurate but it works for the chapter :)))

"5,6,7,8!" Echoed across the gym. Peter and the other kids on the decathlon team watched in awe as the routine folded out before them.

Decathlon practice had been moved into the gym during maintenance however the cheer squad practiced in the gym at the same time. After a while of talking it out, they settled with cheer squad practice being first and decathlon second.

It was getting to the end of practice and the decathlon was waiting at the entrance, watching the team do a final run-through of there routine. Peter, however, was only watching one girl; you, the head cheerleader. As the routine came to an end, Peter marvelled at the filps you completed before watching you finish on top of the pyramid.

"Okay, good run guys. We'll smooth it out next time." You announced. Peter couldn't concentrate for the rest of practice.

—————time skip——-
At the compound

"Okay kid, what's wrong?" Tony asked Peter. They had been sat in the common room watching a film and Peter hadn't rambled about anything once.

"Nothing Mr St- Tony." Peter replied. Rhodes rolled his eyes.

"Come on kid, spill. We can tell you're dying to." He told Peter.

"Fine. There's this girl," Peter started to explain his situation. "I couldn't even answer the easier questions! What is happening to me?" Peter ranted to them. Tony and Rhodey chuckled at the teens outburst.

"She sounds like she's got you hooked, Pete." Tony smiled. Peter huffed.

"You have no idea. I just look at her and my concentration flies out the window."

"Okay lets see this girl." Rhodes said. Peter fumbled through the pockets of his jeans before pulling out his phone and going to the school website. He found the link to the team sports and clicked on it, scrolling down to the cheer squad. He turned his phone around, showing them a picture of you stood on top of the pyramid with a bright smile.

"She's a cheerleader?" Tony asked, sipping his coffee. Natasha walked through the common room where they were sat and walked behind the couch they were on, stealing a glance at peters phone.

"On top of the pyramid," Natasha pointed out, "Peter has got his eyes on the head cheerleader." She teased. Peter's face started to blush red as he grumbled a small "Natashaaa why?!"

"Peter has got a crush?" Bucky asked as he walked into the room. Peter covered his face with his hands letting out a loud groan. This was gonna be a long sleepover.

——————time skip to the next day———-

The final bell rang, signalling Peters escape. He left the classroom, deciding to make a stop at his locker considering the 4 heavy books he was juggling. The students were bustling through the halls and Peter just wanted to leave as soon as possible. Speeding up, he tried to make his way to his locker but before he even knew it, Peter had smashed into someone else, dropping all his books with a loud crash.

"Oh my god, I'm so so sorry Peter. I wasn't looking where I was going." A voice apologied. Glancing up, Peter saw you staring back, looking extremely guilty. He froze for a second before smiling and replying.

"No worries, honestly, it was my fault." He replied. You smiled back before helping him pick up his books from the floor. Some papers had fallen out and you picked them up before looking at him questioningly and straightening your uniform. Peter looked at the papers in your hand that were covered in Star Wars doodles. He cringed internally as he took in your questioning look.

"Are you going to see the re-showing 'the empire strikes back' this weekend?" Peters eyes widened as his took in your question. Oh my god she's perfect he thought.

"Y-yeah, yeah I am." He stuttered, smiling over his disbelief. You gave a bright smile.

"So am I! I thought that it I was the only one in the whole school going." You laughed to him and he chuckled back. You both walked to Peter's locker and out of school, talking about Star Wars and your favourite films to watch.

As you were about to walk out of the door, Peter stopped you.

"I was, er, wondering if you maybe wanted to go to see Star Wars with me? If you don't want to that fine, it's was just a suggestion-" Peter was cut off by a small laugh and a hand on his shoulder.

"I would love to Peter." You replied. His eyes widened and you giggled.

"Okay ok cool cool cool."

As you both left the school and went to go your separate ways, you slipped paper into Peters hand before kissing him on the cheek lightly.

"Text me later, yeah?"

"Yeah!! I mean yes okay thank you." He blushed a bright crimson. Your hand ran down his shoulder and arm before losing contact as someone cleared their throat. Peter's head, as well as yours, snapped towards whoever did it and you let out a small gasp. Tony Stark.

"M- Tony! What are you doing here?" Peter asked with wide eyes. You stood almost frozen in place.

"Thought I'd come and help sway a certain someone but I guess I wasn't needed." Tony smirked, leaning against a black shiny Mercedes. "You coming Pete?" He asked. Peter nodded before turning to you, now fully recovered.

"I've got to go, I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled.

"See you tomorrow Pete." You smiled back. He hesitated.

"You don't find this strange?" He asked, motioning to Tony. You shook your head, a confused look on your face.

"Why would I? You told us you interned with him didn't you?" You replied. Peter's smile widened, as did Tony's.

"I like her."

///////////////////////////////////

A/N wooo another one in the bag

We'll just ignore that it's been a month.

Thank you for all the views and votes!

See you in the next chapter!
Bye!
-Lucy