Chapter 9

{A/N} Reminder that events in my story are slightly canon to real life things but dont fully correlate. This chapter will be an interpretation of a broadcast that happened a few weeks ago. So please for the love of jibooty don't try to call me out for it 💜

My brows schrunch causing wrinkles to form on my forehead as I look through the stack of papers before me. The holidays came and went, but we have been so busy I happened to lose track of the time. At the moment we were taking a japanese language lesson, extending our ability to connect with audience even further. Korean, english, japanese and spanish have been the prime language focus whether we were fluent or not. With the addition of several vocal, amd acting classes we have been very occupied. Of course this being deemed necessary if we wanted to debut by our scheduled date.

A muffled groan calls my attention as my eyes meet exhausted almond like ones. Daejung ruffles his now honey blonde hair as he turns to look away from me, flipping carelessly through the new study guide we were assigned. My gaze shifts between the other guys as well, their posture slumped and withered compared to their usual excited demeanour. I couldn't blame them as we sat quietly in yet another board room. With nothing to disturb us but the occasional tap of a foot or tired sigh the room was dreadfully bare of life.

The space had off white walls accompanied by a single glasswork window acting as wall to the hallway, decorated with pullstring blinds and a simple 'pull' and 'push' handle. The florescent lights flicker every now and again signalling their decent age, their silent hum barely noticable compared to the sound of flipping papers. We didn't have to be doing this right now, but we arrived early before a team meeting. Best to study a lesson rather than waste time, right?

I click my tongue, completely dissatisfied with the anxious atmosphere of screaming silence. Baring it any longer we were bound to go insane. That is, until a cheeky face peered through the window. My lips curl into a smile as Jisoo steps inside the room with us. She wasn't dressed up as she usually would be, instead wore simple jeans and a gray cardigan that covered whatever shirt she was wearing. "I have a surprise for you boys," her bell liks voice began as she took a seat. "Today you will be attending a dance lesson." The news didn't seem to surprise us though I couldn't remember it being on our schedule. "The thing is it will be broadcasted."

Excitement glinted in the other guys eyes while I bit back some nervousness. Were we camera ready? Even if it was just a lesson I felt a bit worried that I would mess up greatly. My fear of ruining anything for the other haunted me more than anything these days. I couldn't stand the idea, and I looked to Jisoo with pleading eyes. She just nodded in an understanding but a somewhat nagging way. I had no way out of it.

Daejung whistled as he adjusted his gray sweats, his face stuck in a nervous smile. We all had to change clothes for the recording and momentarily I feel like like it's going to be over the top. "Oi, (Y/n)," Daejung leaned close to my face with a serious look on his face as Luka wrapped himself around me. "Don't freak out." Seok slid in next to us, placing his head on my shoulder. We probably looked like a dog pile to other people around us. "Why would I freak out?" I question not really sure what he was talking about. He only smirked then put his head on my other shoulder. I was beyond confused but went with it for the moment as we were distributed nicknames for the broadcast.

People were rushing around us feverishly. Camera and mic checks, some artists touching up our make up and hair; it was all up in a hurried blur. At some point three more trainees slipped in wearing the same sweats as us and were hurried into prep as well. Once they were finished we were directed to sit and review a world wide hit by none other than Bangatan Sonyeondan. I was estatic, once again my idols are brightening up my day.