Chapter 33 (short)

Daejung pov

     What do I do? Sometimes we feel useless, and realize that we arent always cut out for certain problems. I'm not very well educated about (Y/n)'s situation. I've never heard him openly admit it to anyone. Not even me. But I can see why he wouldn't tell anyone something so intense, and private.

To some he might honestly inspirational, and I agree highly. To (Y/n) though... what he's going through could be something he'd never want to share just so he can survive. I can try to help him, but is it enough for him?

(Y/n) shook with so much fear as he shouted to Jeongguk. There was a certain look in his eyes that I could recognize anywhere considering I've seen it in my own reflection.

A look that screamed, "Please don't abandon me."

"What?"

Jeongguk was genuinely confused at the statement. I wanted to explain it to him without there being a big fuss, but it wouldn't be right of me. All I could do was stand in the background as things unfolded. Or maybe I could try to calm things down.

"I'm sorry. I just-" (Y/n) put a hand over his face as he looked away. The subtle shakes of his shoulders becoming more apparent with his emotions. "I'm not normal, Kook. I'm transitioning, and that means my body is changing to fit how I identify and feel." Jeongguk nods slowly as if he's coming to realize what (Y/n) meant. The shock evident as he takes a seat to listen further.

"Please... please don't see me differently. I don't want how you see me to change just because there's something different under my clothing."

Just before Jeongguk can answer, there's a knock at the door. All of us jumped at the sound, and look to find Hoseok sticking his head inside. "Guys, come on," is all he says before sliding out of the room once again.

Without a single word to each other, we follow suit back towards the other room with the rest of the guys. Though the air was tense and full of multiple emotions, we made it back peacefully and no one seemed to notice the lack of vocalness from us. Their main concern being who say where, and how the game should be played.

The game.

I had completely forgotten about us planning a quick game to lighten our moods. The things that happened in Hoseok's room was weighing really heavy on the mind that everything around me felt like a fever dream.

Nothing seemed real, except for the overwhelming look of fear on (Y/n)'s face.