Chapter 6

"Good Morning", the lady standing by the reception table greeted them as soon as they walked into the office, curving the most polite smile as her eyes flick up to meet their eyes. "Miss Karin, there's a call from Mister Han waiting in the line, should I put him on hold?"

"I'll take it my office. Thank you very much!", she replied as one hand rummages into her bag. "Risa, I have one card prepared for you, it's easier for you to access the lift with the card"

Risa eyes her closely as she takes out a small rectangular shaped brown leather card holder and hands it to her.

God damn it's a freaking Chanel. What on earth.

"Check out the rooftop, there's a beautiful mini garden and also a huge gazebo, very cozy too. You can basically sleep up there as well, there's vending machines too. Use that card if you'd like to purchase anything. It's an all-access card. And....I really need to get my call...so, will you please call me if you need anything? Don't think twice. One call from you and I'd ditch all my meetings", Karin looks at her, eyes filled with regrets as she has to leave her alone and attend to her work commitments.

Their talk in the car replays in her head, reminding her about the whole unfortunate incident that made Karin like this. She is not over-protective; she's being very careful. Risa understands that but she made it clear that she has the rights to disagree with her plan. Karin took it without feeling offended, she understands their situation but she still hopes that Risa reconsider.

"I will never forgive myself if I fail to keep you safe"

That line reminds her of something. She heard of that line once, it's familliar and it's almost disturbing as well. It triggers something in her memory; an unwanted fragment of her past.

Get a grip Risa

"It's okay Karin, don't mind me", Risa replied, zooming out of her disturbing thoughts.

After assuring that she will be back after getting her work done, Karin took her leave. Letting out a sigh of relief, Risa turns to the lady once again.

"How do I—"

"Good Morning, Miss Risa", Yuri swiftly stood again, bowing slightly as she flashes a very professional smile on her face, a smile every receptionist would have.

"Good Morning...?"

"My name is Yuri, how may I assist you Miss?"

"I want to go to the rooftop...so where do I go from here?" Risa asked as she smiles awkwardly.

"The rooftop? You can use all the 6 lifts to access the rooftop. I think Miss Karin has given you an access card, you can tap on the black screen in the lift, on your right hand side  and press the 29th floor", Yuri answered in a very melodic tone; her voice sounding very honey and clear, like the announcements you hear at the airport. Very soothing and satisfying to listen to.

"Thank you very much"

Slowly pacing around the massive lift area, she pressed the button and waits for any of the lifts to arrive at the current floor. She sure feels anxious not knowing the way around this big building. All she hopes that she won't get lost while on her way up to the rooftop.

With her barely knowing the places around the city itself— bad timing to get yourself dragged into a mess. So many things happening at the same time, making it hard for her to even breathe. She feels drained, disturbed at some point with the realization of what she has gotten herself into. And that moment, she is glad her parents are not in the country — especially her father.