Chapter 51

"I am not a ghost. Don't look at me like that", he chuckles under his breathe as he walks towards her, putting one hand in the pocket of his black coat.

"Am I seeing things or—"

"Maybe. But that's not the point. The point right now is, why did you run out of the restaurant?", he asked as he stops right beside her.

"W-wait. What? How did you—"

"True they say, when you have the person you like in front of you, they don't realize their surroundings. I was in the same restaurant, my table was inside. I saw you walking in and sitting with Seokjin. And also, I saw that you suddenly ran out of the restaurant", he paused. "Are you not feeling well?"

Risa looks at him with a blank face, squinting her eyes still not believing that he is standing right in front of her right here. She is sure she is not dreaming but this is still something. Watching him closely as he takes the empty seat beside her, making himself comfortable as he leans back on the wooden bench. He didn't say anything as they sit side by side, breezy night wind blowing through them making the calm night feels even quieter than usual.

"Taehyung, why are you here then?"

"Because I am having dinner? What else would I be doing here at the mall if—"

"No", she cuts in. "I mean, why are you outside? Here? You said you were having dinner. So, why are you out here?"

Taehyung lets out a small laugh as he looks up to the front, keeping his hands insides the pocket of his coat. Slowly curving a small smile, he turns to look at her. He silently gulped at the sight of her looking so lost, blank confused eyes staring at him. His heart on the other hand started to beat so fast in an uneven rhythm, making himself feels the sudden jitters of emotions all the way up to his head.

"I thought we are dating. Why are you seeing another guy?", he jokes, raising his eyebrows teasingly.

"We are not dat—"

"Too bad. We are. For the next 25 days", he replied casually.

That reply stunned her, wiping out everything in her head. Her mind went blank, blacked out and empty. She did not expect that reply from him, but apparently, he did. Sighing as she inches backward, she leans on the chair crossing her arms across her chest.

"What's wrong?", he asked softly. "What happened? Are you not feeling well?"

Risa literally turned to him in a flash, taken aback at his questions. A part of her feels moved that he is asking if she is okay, another part of her is shocked that he is actually asking that questions. But nevertheless, she couldn't deny that, somehow, in a way, hearing that from him makes her feel so comforted. She lost track of time but as time goes by, she begins to feel comfortable around him. Despite their frequent quarrel and teasing, her herself is surprised that she can be herself whenever she is around him. It's like a spell has been casted upon her making her feel entirely at ease whenever he is around. She feels safe when he is around and that is a fact that confuses her, till now.

This is something after all

"Talk to me as a friend. People say I am a good listener. I can listen to you", he added when Risa didn't give any respond. "But if yo—"

"You're making me so confused. But that's not the point. I need to get inside. I think—"

"I'll pick you up tomorrow. Let's get breakfast", he paused. "Don't you miss the office?"