Chapter 37

Amidst her fidgeting at her spot, trying to think of an answer. Her life has been saved by the loud ringing of his phone, buzzing in his pants pocket.

Her savior.

"Yes Karin?"

"Are you still at the office? It's 3 am in the morning for goodness sake. Is Risa with you?"

"Yes"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH HER AT 3 AM IN THE MORNING TAE DON'T DO ANYTHING WEIRD"

"I am hanging up", he scoffs, rolling his eyes.

Laughing under his breathe as he heard Karin cursing in the phone, he ends the call before Karin could even reply him. He puts his phone back into his pocket before lifting his head to look at her.

"I'll send you home"

-

Jungkook :

You still owe me an explanation 😎

Hani reads his text, staring at it for as long as she can before throwing her phone away. Back in the comfort of her own home, feeling so relieved that she is out of Jungkook's home. Not that she hates it but she is worried about the growing feelings inside of her. Jungkook insisted that he send her home last night and she couldn't say no. Not when she is dressed in Jungkook's sweatshirt and pants and couldn't even bear to go out with a puffy face, blood shot eyes and barely alive.

She hugs herself on the couch, inhaling the soapy scent of his sweatshirt, feeling so at home at that soft baby scent of his detergent. The sweatshirt smells like Jungkook. And she loves it.

Suddenly her phone vibrates again.

Jungkook :

Burgers and fries or fried chicken. Or both. Choose fast or I'll buy the entire menu😋

What...?

-

Risa sits at her kitchen table, last night's incident replaying in her head like a loop—endless loop. She remembers the tension in the air as Taehyung asked her the question which she failed to answer.

What is her answer?

"Shit, what is going on with you?", groaning lazily, she drags her feet to the sink, washing her own mug.

"You have been sighing since last night and I can bet you forgot that I was here last night", Eri's voice snapped her out of her dizzy thought. She quickly washed her mug before turning to look at her, standing in front of the fridge, messy bed hair tied into a low bun and her puffy face looking like a puff fish.

"You're treating my house like it's yours. I am no longer surprise"

"You came home quite late last night. Where did you go? A late night date with baby taetae again?", she coos lowly, smirking as she turns to reach for the cereal at the top of the cabinet.

"I was at the office with him. He dead ass fell asleep thus I had to wait for –"

"YOU WAITED FOR HIM?", Eri whom were rummaging through the cabinet turns around in a flash, looking shocked as her mouth flung opened.

Instead of scoffing to her ,she sits back on her chair and sighs. Her mind drifting away each second, trails of last night's incident stuck in her head making it hard for her to do anything.

She woke up confused and disturbed, not understanding the uneasiness in her heart. She couldn't sleep last night, thinking and thinking, cloudy thoughts began to disrupt her peaceful rest.