Chapter 32

"Chocolate chip cookie dough? How old are you? 10?", she laughs at him as he kitten lips his ice-cream in his hand, ignoring her judgmental look.

"Shut up. Just eat your ice cream"

"You're like a kid. I am surprised", gesturing him to take a seat at the wooden bench they found along the way back the car.

Both of them sit there, quietly enjoying their ice cream till the very last bite. It wasn't long till both of them finally finished the last bit of the cornet. Taehyung glanced at her, watching as she struggles with the stickiness around her fingers from the melted ice cream. Laughing quietly under his breathe, he points at the tap water just beside the dust bin.

"Let's wash our hands there. You're a mess and you're calling me a kid", he gestures her to go first earning a glare from her.

"Don't judge me. The ice cream melts too fast. Not my fault it devoured my entire hand"

"It's ice cream, it is meant to melt. Didn't you learn science?"

Risa rolled her eyes as she turns the tap water, carefully washing the ice cream off her hands. He just stood beside her, watching her every movement before laughing to himself. He has no idea  but everything that she does makes him want to laugh. Earning a glare from her, Taehyung quickly puts up a straight face acting as if he didn't do anything wrong.

"Now that you get your ice-cream. Is there anything else that you crave for? I am confused. Why didn't you ask Jimin or Jungkook to accompany you? Why me and why do you have to be coming to my house at the middle of the night?", babbling as she walks towards the wooden bench, leisurely taking a seat as she wipes her wet hands on her pants not realizing that Taehyung halted midway.

 Why didn't you ask Jimin or Jungkook to accompany you? Why me and why do you have to be coming to my house at the middle of the night?", babbling as she walks towards the wooden bench, leisurely taking a seat as she wipes her wet hands on her pan...

"Why would I ask Jimin or Jungkook to join our date?", his reply was slow, almost like a whisper to himself but Risa was sure she caught the last words right. She looks at him, almost staring at him as he walks towards her, taking the empty seat beside her. He stares into the darkness, putting both hands into his jacket's pockets as he takes in the silence of the night.

What did he just say?

"Why are you quite now? Weren't you babbling just now? Continue, I have all night", he broke the awkward silence between them, making her  eyes widened

Quietly, he watches her from the corner of his eyes, seeing her look away, pressing her lips looking a tad bit nervous. He is nervous too, and entirely embarrassed at his bold mention at the word "date"  just now. He has no idea how it came out of his mouth, but he is sure regretting it right now.

"I am curious", he tries to start a conversation. "How did you know Seokjin?"

Risa's heart skipped a beat at the mention of Seokjin's name. Every single time she hears his name, it never fails to make her heart beats faster. The sound of his name triggers so many memories ; good and bad. It scares her—the power he has over her.

"He is...he was my high school best friend. Known him since first year of high school", her reply was almost a whisper, and doubtful.

"I doubt he was only a friend to you, am I right?"

Risa perked her lips, laughing lowly to herself as she remembers how in love she was with Seokjin back then. It was almost a dream to think that it has been years since that very day—the day she realized she is indeed, so in love with her own best friend.

"Well, he is my first love. Sadly, it was one-sided. Or I thought it was", she whispered to herself, but Taehyung heard every word, clearly.

Risa shakes her head, pushing every thought away as she straightens her back, turning to look at him. But regretting it right away, Taehyung is looking straight at her, intently. He didn't look away when their eyes met nor did she.

Strange

That's the first thing that popped in her head. How many times have their eyes met but this is the first time she feels flustered? The way blood gushes up to her head when he looks deeply into her eyes, trapping her entire thoughts with just a gaze—like a magical spell. She wants to look away, but she couldn't.

"You are still in love with him, aren't you?", he asked, still not looking away

Feeling her insides twisting knots, making it so hard for her to find her words. Her entire mind goes blank, not functioning the way it supposed to. Half of her thoughts blacked out, she can barely remember if she is still in love with Seokjin. Averting her eyes quickly, she looks down at her thighs as she thinks.

She doesn't know it herself. She wasn't prepared for that question. To think that it came from Taehyung—it caught her off guard. Slowly breathing in and out, wondering if she has a definite answer to his question.

"First loves. You don't fall out of love when it comes to first love. You learn to live without it"

-

Taehyung lies on his bed, awaken by the call from Karin so early in the morning he couldn't bring himself back to sleep. Staring at the ceiling, random thoughts running through his mind. Remembering his conversation with Risa last night, it made him think about everything.

First loves. You don't fall out of love when it comes to first love. You learn to live without it

Sighing softly, shaking his head at the thought of him thinking about her words over and over. There's a pain truth underneath those words and it certainly made him think about Hwayoung before going to sleep. Has he moved on from her? Or he had just learnt to live without her?

"I need to get up", yawning as he pushes himself up, bed hair spiking all directions, eyes squinting to the faint ray of light beaming from the drapes of the curtains. Pushing off his heavy sheets, he startled when his phone suddenly buzzes.

Jimin :

Brunch? 🍔🍟🍗

Tae :

Usual place?Jungkook?

Jimin :

Usual place. Meet you in 45 minutes. Jungkook is on his way.

Bless their existence, at least meeting them is going to distract him from the thoughts of Hwayoung.

Or the thought of Risa.

~~~~
NOTE

Hello everyone ! Quick update before I succumb to my piling paperwork sksksksks. But im sooo glad I got to update a lot this time yay ! I hope everyone find this chapter enjoyable ! Thank youuuu love youuu xx