Chapter 40

Jungkook walks through the hotel entrance, halting when he suddenly spots a familiar figure standing  at the reception table in front of him. Blinking his eyes, trying to make out the face of the tall woman leaning on the table, flinching a little when Jimin suddenly tugs on his arms.

 Blinking his eyes, trying to make out the face of the tall woman leaning on the table, flinching a little when Jimin suddenly tugs on his arms

"What's wrong?", he asked, raising his eyebrows in confusion

"Hyung, is that Jae In?"

"Where?"

Jungkook gestured Jimin to follow the direction of his eyes, zooming straight at the tall woman, brown hair, dressed in a blue dress paired with a brown knitted cardigan. She stands there, with a man holding on to her hand as they talk to the receptionist.

"Is Tae here already?", Jungkook asked, turning to look at Jimin whom is now reaching for his phone . He looks at him confusedly before turning to look at the woman again.

"Tae?"

"Yes?"

"Are you at the hotel?", Jimin asked, trying to sound calm despite his fingers clenching on his phone too tightly.

"I am out with Risa. Why?"

"Take your time", he ends the call abruptly, his eyes still locked on the tall woman.

"Tae is out?"

"Apparently yes", Jimin replied under his breathe.

"Why would Jae In be here, in Japan?"

"That's for you to find out", Jimin turns to look at Jungkook, giving him a look. Jungkook lets out a sigh, fully comprehending the look Jimin is giving him. He tugs on his leather jacket before turning his heels heading straight to the reception table.

Jimin watches closely as Jungkook approaches the woman as he tries to process the sight of her, Han Jae In—the woman they sworn to never meet again. Why would Jae In be here in Japan? Where did she go 3 years ago after the incident? What would Taehyung feel if he ever meets her?

Jungkook casually leans on the reception table facing her, curving a small smile as he looks at her.