🔥 VII 🔥

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

7|BROTHER AGAINST BROTHER

Lucifer, the King of the Underworld, stands up from his chair so harshly that the chair falls back to the floor with a loud thud. The action startles the girl sitting in the guest of honor, the chair fell with so much noise that her heart starts to speed up. When she looks up at him, she only feels fear for him. His eyes have turned to pitch black and look as if there are no eyes in his sockets. His sinister grin that he gives sends her shivers, from fear and she hasn't felt this great fear in her entire life, she actually fears what he might do to her.

The flames of the fire lit candles in the room has gotten bigger and gives off more light in the room. He stalks towards his brother. He, on the other hand doesn't show any slightest sign that he's afraid of his brother, unlike Arabella who's no shaking with fear. She feels as if she's going to faint from only fear alone. "Brother, you're scaring the Lady" He tells him, after noticing how Arabella is petrified with fear. As much as he wants to help her, he fears that he might make it worse for her.

He doesn't listen to his brother. Kicking the chair out, he takes his brother by the collar and lifts him off the ground, as if he were a mere feather. "She belongs to me and only me!" He says, and then throws his brother into the wall behind them. The amount of force that he used sends him crashing into the wall and nearly breaking it. Arabella lets out a scream of fright, but remains in her seat. Afraid that she could be next if she moves. She holds her breath, scared that even if she breathes, she might get hurt by him.

"Lucifer, stop this madness. Look at her!" Poseidon tells his brother, referring to the frightened girl in the seat on honor. He doesn't look at her and stalk towards his brother that still lies on the floor. He doesn't feel pain, but he doesn't really like being thrown into the wall. If people were to learn that he can easily been taken over, he would be overthrown by his people. And, he is the rightful King by birth and nature, he belongs on the throne and though he hasn't found his Queen yet, they can't hold that against him.

Lucifer's beast has taken over him and when that happens, there's no stopping him. People say, there're two sides of us. One who we show everyone, the other is the dark side that most have in their heads, though, not many listen to it. The King of the Underworld's dark side is a beast. A beast that's locked inside him, the way that he can control it. But, when it comes to Arabella, the girl that he has been waiting for, for years, the beast becomes nearly unstoppable. And, he will kill every living thing to make sure that she's his and his alone, and she's safe and away from harm.

Little does he know that she's far from safe. The fire haired girl is more frightened of him than anything else in her life. Silent tears run down her cheeks and her heart is racing in her chest. Her breathing is uneven, not able to keep it under control. She's shaking in the chair and she feels she's going to throw up soon. The fear that's in her body is taking over her, and the source of the fear is the man that she's meant to spend the rest of her life with.