🔥 XXIII 🔥

"Catch on fire and people will come for miles to see you burn"

23|HOPE HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN UP

Two brothers with tears stained faces have failed once again. Their search for their little sister is not going anywhere, the girl is no where to be found. Sitting by a tree, they eat their food. "Jaxon, this is not working. We always knew he'd come for her and wherever he took her, we will not find it" Grayson speaks, his voice breaks in mid sentence and he has a hard time even speak about it or speak at all. The two brothers have been searching for her day and night, never resting and barely taking care of their bodies.

The motivation of finding her keeps them, yet as the days pass by, their hope is slowly starting to become nothing and they start to realize that they will never find her. "We cannot give up. This is Arabella we're talking about, she would never have given up on us and we shall not give up on her. She's our sister" Jaxon tells his brother, yet he was also trying to assure himself that they would find her. Tear leaks down his cheeks as he speaks, she means everything to him and his brother, and they will cross the world if needed to find her. Yet, little do they know she's not in this world.

They always knew she was different, they always knew she was special. And if the night on seventh of July did not count as special, they don't know what will. Arabella has always been immune to fire, just never knew it as they kept her away from it, even when she found comfort in it. They knew that one day he would return for her, yet after fifteen years, they did not know it would be soon. The fact that he came and took her from them fills them with unconditional anger and sorrow.

Arabella has been part of their lives from the moment she came into this world, and they vowed to protect her and keep her from all harm. But, how they can do that when they've failed her. They failed to keep her safe and they failed to keep her away from him. Perhaps if they had moved away from the village they grew up, he would not be able to find her, yet he did and he took her away from them. And now they intend to take her back to them. Only hoping that it isn't too late.

"Our sister is fifteen, no one can wed her without our permission, at least we know she's not wed and she's not stuck. He has her against her own will and now we shall get her back" Jaxon continues. They always hated the idea of her getting wed to another man, especially when she was this young and the one who would marry her would be at least twice her age or more. They had promised her that she would have a say in it, yet the society that they live in doesn't allow a woman to choose her own husband, as a woman is only meant for giving heirs.

A sad reality they live in, yet they wanted better for their sister. That was what she deserved. "We don't even know if she is still... alive" Grayson chokes out of himself, he can't even imagine her dead. The thought of her dead brings more sadness in his heart than anything else. He would do anything to keep her safe and alive, he already has lost two fingers for her, and he would give up his own heart to make sure that hers keeps beating.