🔥 IX 🔥

"Do you see the fire in my eyes?"

9|GOLDEN STAIRCASE

The carriage is jet black and round. The door small with a window, but it has crimson red curtains covering it, on the other side is a window that is the only brightness that comes into the carriage. It's small, yet can hold two people. On either side. Two seats fit for royalty is beside the door and the window. Not much is there to see inside the carriage, it is small and even if two people are in there, it is still small. It's clear that this is not the royal carriage, still not for those who are beneath royalty.

Arabella does like being in this carriage, as she never has been in a real carriage before. From the sound of hooves, she knows horses are dragging the carriage. As she was far too busy with her confused feelings, she hadn't notices how they look like or even who's driving the carriage. Now, as she sits in the throne in the carriage, her body more comfortable sitting there than it should be. "I take it, you like it?" Lucifer teases her, as he has been watching her get excited about riding in a carriage. Something he has done for years, and particularly doesn't enjoy it.

"Yes, I love it" She says, her excitement already ready to take over her, if it hasn't already. The King fears that if she doesn't stop moving around and tries to look at everything, she might hurt herself. She can't help it, the window isn't that big and doesn't show much. However, it does show a little of the outside world, of the place that she's in. Mostly she sees only red and more red, different shades of red. Although, she sees only that, she has come to that conclusion that she's far, far away from home and it doesn't look like she will be going back any time soon.

At first she had thought that she might have been near the village that was close by to hers, yet still is a distance between the two. As she has never gone far from her village, she doesn't know what the rest of the world looks like. And, she might never know, as she isn't in the world she believes she's in. She's somewhere she never knew existed, a place where parents tell their children about to scare them into behaving. And, with all the monsters and demons that lurk in there. But, she doesn't know that, not yet anyway.

"That's good. Now, please stay in your seat, wouldn't want you to hurt yourself on the way. We might be here for quite some time" He tells her. "In the meantime, I would like to ask you how you liked the flower I sent to you, did it meet your approval?" He asks. Him being King never prepared him for having a Queen by his side, as he rules on his own and never wanted nor felt the need for an assistance from his family.

"The rose was beautiful, thank you for it. I do love it, it reminds me of the flowers near the place where I grew up. I used to love going there to pick them and bring them home, where they would decorate the house and it would look beautiful" She tells him, not even sure why she shared that information to him. She can't help but feel like an open book with him, he does something to her. Something she doesn't like, yet likes at the same time. Her thoughts and feelings are rather confused and can't even tell what's right and what's left anymore.