🔥 XIV 🔥

"The fire in my blood is both a blessing and a curse, for I always need something to burn"

14|LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

Darkness. Endless darkness is all she wakes up to after being trapped in unconsciousness. When her eyes open, she can't see a thing, she can't even see her own hands. The fire haired future Queen knows she's awake and knows that she's in an unknown place. Yet, she doesn't know where. No memories from what had happened to her that made her lose her memories and wake up in a place where she's unfamiliar with. Her body is aching everywhere, and she's so dizzy and afraid. Trying to control the tears that threaten to run down her cheeks is harder to do than controlling her racing heart.

Going into a sitting position on the sandy ground, she pulls her knees up against her chest and for a moment, she stays that way. Unsure of the nightmare that she has gotten herself into this time. Her confused mind doesn't understand what is happening or where she is, all it knows is that she can't stay in one place. She is somewhere and she needs to find her way. To where? She doesn't know but she knows she has to go somewhere. Like she's being pulled somewhere. Standing up, she uses her feet to feel the ground before she steps.

Using her hands, she waves them around in front of her body, to make sure that she doesn't slam into something and hopefully find something in this place. As far as she knows, there's nothing out there. How right she is about that. Not knowing what direction she is going into, and neither does she care about it. Finding something, anything is what really matters. There's no life, no sounds, nothing, just endless darkness and this sand that she walks on. She had taken her heels off and left them somewhere, after they were causing her to have a hard time walking in the sand.

All the sounds that come to her ears, are her own. Her breath, her mutters of how everything's going to be all right and how she's will figure this out and get out of there, she even hears her own heart beat in her chest and how fast it is beating. Her nervousness is taking control over her body, and the anxiety follows. Staying calm is something she's unable to do and controlling her fast breaths or her heart is as much of a challenge as seeing in this place.

Her feet grow tired of walking, she doesn't know for how long but she has been walking for a long time and needs rest. Her throat is dry and she desperately needs water. Arabella sits down on the sand and plays with it with her hands, as it is the only thing she has found, wherever she is. While walking, her memory started to return to her. But, only in bits and pieces. All she remembers at this point is that Lucifer was showing her around the castle and she found one room very interesting, yet can't remember what room it is, and then blackness.

Confident, she can only hope the memories will return to her and she will understand where she is and how she got there, and perhaps it will help her get out of there. For the first time since she's been with Lucifer, she feels this longing to have him with her. To feel his presence around her and tell her that she's safe from everything, that she will protect her from everything. His kiss has changed her perspective of him, but the naive young girl is still in denial of her feelings and will never admit what she's feeling.