🔥 XXII 🔥

"Some women fear the fire, some women simply become it"

22|THE PROBLEM THAT ONLY HURTS

The fire eyed Queen lets out a blood curling scream as she watches the girl on the floor, white foam coming from her mouth and blood leaking from her eyes. Another dead body has been added on the floor of the throne room. The red glowing eyed king has had enough of this, and all the dead bodies around them. He stands up, with the love of his life in his arms, who has returned to sobbing and weeping and crying. Holding her bridal style he walks out of the throne room, and thankful that there aren't more guards or other demons dead on the floor.

Not only is it hurting Arabella but the mess it makes is difficult to clean up, especially when it's hard to see the blood, as the floor is black and once the floor is dry, there's no telling there was ever blood there in the first place. Lucifer holds her tightly in his arms as his life depends on it, and perhaps it does. The two of them really do need a hug from each other as one of them was dead not so long ago and now they're together and they will get through this, somehow.

Arabella grew up in a peaceful village, the war hadn't touched that side of the country and there was no reason for her two brothers to ride across the country to fight in the war. The war had been going on for a few months, she doesn't know if it has ended or if it's still going on and has reached her village. She might have only been in the Underworld for about a few weeks, yet she feels like she has been there her whole life, she belongs there and never wants to leave the place she's now Queen of.

She has never witnessed bloodshed before and the shock and the sightings that her eyes have now seen will scar her for life. Her brothers always kept her away from fighting and form any kind of danger, when she thinks about it, her brothers were over-protective over her, then again she was all they had and they raised her as if she were their own, even when it was frowned upon, they didn't care. Arabella is their sister and they would protect her with their lives, but how can they protect her when she's in Hell and they're in the human world?

As Lucifer walks into their bedroom, which she doesn't know is theirs, a painful feeling runs through him. Only about half an hour ago or so, the girl in his arms who is breathing and alive was dead, her heart stopped and she wasn't breathing. It pains him to think of it. "You will be getting a new maid, one that we know we can truest and would never attempt to harm you" He tells her, as he sits on the bed with his love in his arms, just holding her, the thing that they both need, a hug from each other. They are stronger when they're together.

His eyes scan the room, and he notices the white rose he had gifted to her, a small smile makes its way to his face. He hadn't known that she had kept the rose when he was there before, then again he was more focused on saving her life. The king started whispering to her sweet things, telling her that all is well now and that everything will be fine now. The girl in his arms calms down, though it wasn't because of his words that he spoke, the voice alone soothes her and comforts when she needs it.